Let The Games Begin {2}

The bell rang and Seth and I gathered our stuff. We got up and I shot a nervous look at Skylar’s seat.

                “Hey, he’ll be back. He said second period at the latest Jakey,” Seth assured, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

                “I guess,” I said, forcing a bright smile. I didn’t like anyone to know how depressed I got without my Skylar. I always kept up my happy façade. I hated to bring people down.

                I hooked my arm with Seth’s and began to skip down the hallway, dragging him with me. He whined as he stumbled along, trying to keep up with me. He finally gave in and skipped down the hall with me.

                We laughed together and ignored the stares of the other students. We made it to our math class and sat down together.

                I glanced at the seat next to me, where Skylar should be. The late bell rang and I frowned to myself.

                Where the hell was Skylar?

                “Jakey, calm down. He’ll be here. Until he is, I’m taking his seat,” Seth announced, jumping into Skylar’s seat and wrapping an arm around me with a grin.

                We pulled our homework out as the teacher came around to check it. She raised an eyebrow at Seth.

                “Mr. Skidmore, I was unaware you changed your appearance so drastically,” she said.

                Seth nodded. “Yep, that’s me. Skylar Skidmore. God that name should be illegal.” He turned to me. “What’s Sky’s middle name?”

                “Skeeter,” I reminded him.

                He shook his head in disgust. “Skylar Skeeter Skidmore. It’s impossible to say it slowly. Oh my god his parents are terrible people.”

                “Nice to know. Now please go back to your seat Mr. Moore,” she said, pointing at Seth’s actual seat.

                “But ma’am, you don’t want me to leave little Jakey here all alone, do you?” Seth asked, giving her puppy dog eyes.

                “You can sit there for today. But only because both of your partners are absent!” she said sternly before moving on to check the rest of the classes’ homework.

                We went through the lesson and the bell was ringing. I looked around the classroom nervously, as if expecting to see Skylar there.

                “He’ll be in third period Jakey,” Seth assured, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room.

                “The Krusty Krab pizza, is the pizza, for you and m-m-me!” Seth and I began to sing as we skipped down the hallways together. Gosh, I just loved skipping! But not skipping class. Skipping class was for bad boys! I was not a bad boy. I would never skip cla-

                “Want to skip class again?” Seth asked.

                I shook my head. “Not today. Not until Skylar comes back. I want to know what’s taking so long. That boy is so grounded!” I said sternly as we entered the classroom and sat down together.

                The late bell rang, and still no Skylar. Jeez, did the principal eat him or something? THAT WAS MY JOB, BITCH.

                Ahem, what?