Let The Games Begin {8}

***Jakey’s POV***

                “Please,” I whispered.

                I whimpered, my ears ringing. “Please don’t!” I shrieked, my chest feeling like it was going to explode. “DON’T! PLEASE DON’T!”

                “JAKEY!”

                I sat bolt upright, breathing heavily. I looked around and saw that Seth and Cameron were staring at me. Realizing I must have been screaming in my sleep, I gulped and slowly turned to face Skylar.

                The concern in his eyes was so great that I felt myself choking up. Skylar immediately saw and glanced at Cameron and Seth.

                “You guys can take showers first. There’s a shower up here, and downstairs,” he said.

                Seth nodded and got up, grabbing Cameron and pulling him out of Skylar’s bedroom, shutting the door as he went. Skylar pulled me into his arms.

                “I love you so much Jakey. I’m always here for you,” he whispered as I began to shake violently.

                “I’m okay. It was just a nightmare,” I whimpered.

                “No. Stop saying you’re okay. I hate when you lie to me,” he said, kissing me deeply.

                He held me for a few minutes before we got out of bed. Seth let us into the upstairs bathroom, shooting me a concerned look. Skylar and I showered together before heading back to his bedroom.

                Everyone got dressed before we went out and climbed into Seth’s car. Skylar held my hand and squeezed it reassuringly as we pulled into the school parking lot.

                “We can skip if you want,” he mumbled as we got out of the car.

                “Psh! Skipping is for underachievers!” I cried, jumping onto his back. “UP THE HILL WE GO SKYLAR BABY!”

                “Oh Jakey,” Seth said as he watched me. “You’re hopeless.”

                I grinned as Skylar carried me up the hill with Seth and Cameron following us. Happy act, Jakey. Keep up the happy act. I didn’t want anyone to worry about me.

                The school day moved slowly until it was lunch time. I sat in Skylar’s lap, feeling like a little kid. I couldn’t help it though. I just wanted Skylar’s arms around my waist.

                “SHE FEELS GOOD! SHE FEELS GOOD! CANDY CANE EYES-”

                “Seth! Shut up!” I groaned, slapping my hands over my ears.

                Seth smirked and stuck his tongue out at me before biting into his pizza. I sipped on my milk, staring around outside. It looked like it was going to rain tonight. Aw man. I really hoped it didn’t storm. I got so terrified during storms.

                “It looks like it’s going to storm tonight,” Cameron said, glancing at the sky.

                Fuck you Cameron! You’re not a weatherman!

                “Aw, poor Jakey,” Seth said, chuckling.

                I pouted. “I’m just like Kouta. He and I used to cuddle and cower together,” I said with a sigh. I snapped my mouth shut and Skylar tightened his hold on me, kissing my neck and resting his chin on my shoulder.