Not What it Seems

Morning came too quickly for the eight teens. Draco moaned and covered his eyes with the back of his hand. He rolled onto his side and glanced at his mate. He growled in mild jealousy. There she was, beautiful as ever, her hair cascading across the white pillow. Her full lips tilted up at the edges in a tiny smile, a clear sign she was having a good dream, and the sun shining on her stunning form having no effect on her sleeping what so ever. Draco envied her. A bomb could go off and she wouldn't even stir. Meanwhile, someone turns a light on in another room and he's sitting up in bed, wide awake. He also wasn't one of those people who could be woken up, see what's going on and fall back asleep. Once he was up, he was up. He growled one more time at Hermione and slowly climbed out of the bed. He padded his way to the washroom, and softly closed the door. 

" Ahhh," he exclaimed as he glanced at his reflection in the mirror. He made a sour face and turned the water on, immediately began running his hands through his hair. After finishing his morning ritual, he dressed quickly, and with much difficulty and about twenty minutes later, he finally found his way to the kitchen. He inhaled a deep breath, the sweet aroma of coffee filling his nostrils, a smile finally gracing his face. He pushed the door opened and the smile fell from his face. There, sitting across the table, cup of coffee in front of him and The Daily Prophet open in his hands, sat Potter. Draco walked over to the coffee maker, poured himself a cup and leaned against the counter, taking a sip.

" Feel free to take a seat Malfoy, I don't bite," Harry said, not taking his eyes off the paper.

Draco sighed loudly, but walked over to the table, pulled his chair out and took a seat. He reached for the sports section Harry had taken out of the paper and began reading.

Harry dropped his paper and looked quizzically at Draco.

" What?" asked Draco, raising both eyebrows.

" Oh forgive me, I was expecting some perverted, disgusting remark from your mouth Malfoy. Silence isn't normally your style," Harry laughed, picking the paper back up.

" Too early Potter, however, remind me later and I'll make it up to you," Draco mumbled, taking another sip of his coffee.

" I'll make sure to do just that. Merlin knows, it's not a full day until you've been insulted or hit on by Draco Malfoy."

Draco placed the paper down and sighed loudly. " Potter, please tell me your not one of those perky, morning people, who perfer polite conversation, instead of sitting quietly.

" Nope, but being around Mrs. Weasley and Luna for years, it kind of happens. Though if you prefer to sit here without conversation, I'd be more then happy to oblige."

" Spectacular," Draco grumbled and went back to reading the sports section in peace. The quiet didn't last long, as the door burst open and in walked Luna accompanied by Hermione, Ginny and Pansy. All four walked over to the coffee maker, poured themselves a cup and joined the two boys at the table. They began talking adamantly about random things. School, clothes, gossip about other students. Harry peered over at Draco, whose face was scrunched up in frustration, and couldn't help but chuckle to himself. He heard Luna discussing something about a Potions project and couldn't help himself.

" Luna love, you should ask Draco about that potion, it just so happens to be Draco's favorite subject, and if I'm correct the top student, second only to Hermione. If anyone would know, it would be him."

Draco's head snapped up from the paper and he glared angrily at Harry, who only smiled innocently when Luna squealed in delight as she engaged Draco in the conversation.

While Harry sat back with his coffee in his hand, enjoying the looks Draco was sending his way when the girls weren't looking that promised revenge, the door was pushed open and in walked Blaise and Ron.

" Morning mate," yawned Ron as he took a spot beside Harry.

" Morning. Zabini, you look exhausted, didn't you get enough sleep last night?" Harry asked, to which both Blaise and Ginny looked nervously at each other before Blaise answered,

" Plenty, just got alot on my mind. Such as this Horcrux. How are we going to find out what it is, and if we ever do, how are we going to destroy it?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders, " no clue, but Ron, Hermione and I have been here before and we got through it. Just have patience, we'll figure it out."

" You mean Hermione will figure it out," Pansy laughed and Hermione snorted in her coffee.

" Ummmm, about that. I was thinking last night, and I think I might have figured something out."

Pansy smiled at the group, " see? Told ya!"

Ron beamed at her and turned towards Hermione, " what did you figure out Mione?"

Hermione bit her lower lip and answered, " well it was something she said yesterday, that had me thinking, and I think she may have helped us out. She said something about living up to her mother's expectations. That got me thinking. Bellatrix is so hell-bent on Pureblood standards, which had to have been ingrained in her by her mother. If she was to ever make a Horcrux, making it out of something close to her would be too obvious. Since she was close to her mother, why not make it something of her's?"

" That's brilliant love, but where would we begin looking for Aunt Bella's mother's things? While she might be my Aunt, there's nothing of her's at the Manor." Draco asked, rubbing his face with both hands in frustration.

Hermione looked around at her friends, all had a look of troubling thought on their faces. She sighed and decided to go about it another way.

" Okay, let's try it this way. Before she was married, what was Bellatrix's last name?"

" Black," answered Draco.

" And who do we know, that was a close friend to us, that she was related to?"

" Sirius," Harry said sadly, remembering his deceased Godfather.

" What was Sirius' last name?"

" Black," shouted Ron, a look of pride on his face, proud of himself for knowing the answer.

" And who's house are we currently living in?"

" Sirius Black's. Merlin's moldy knickers. The Black's owned this house. If there was anything left that was once owned by Bellatrix's mother, it would be here." Blaise yelled, standing up suddenly, bumping the table as he went and knocking over the coffee's. The rest of the teens jumped up and raced out of the kitchen.

" Where would they keep that kind of stuff?" Ginny asked, glancing at Hermione.

" Harry, when you took over residence of this house, where did you place all the junk?"

" Some are in the rooms on the fifth floor, some in the attic, and the rest in the basement."

And at that, then teens spilt up and raced to the rooms.

Harry, Luna and Blaise took the attic, but came up with nothing.

Ron and Pansy took the basement with nothing there.

Draco, Hermione and Ginny took the fifth floor, coming up empty handed. They all met again on the main floor hallway.

" I was sure we would find something, this being The Black House and all," Hermione wailed and slammed her fist against the wall. Almost immediately, the portrait of Mrs. Black woke up and began yelling about Mudblood's Half-Blood's and Blood Traitors being in her house. Harry and Ron rushed to cover the portrait while Ginny brought out her wand to cast a silencing spell when Hermione shouted.

" Bloody hell, why didn't I think of it before?"

Ginny put her wand away once she silenced the witch in the picture, " what Hermione?"

" It's been here all along!"

" Now love, while I do encourage your swearing, weren't you present when we all searched the house? There's nothing here." Draco said, placing an arm around her shoulders and bringing her close, inhaling her scent.

" Yes, you dunce, I was there. No need to patronize me, I'm not stupid. But we were thinking wrong. While it does have something to do with her mother, it's not a possesion." She exclaimed, shoving him away and placing her hands on her hips.

" Then what, pray tell, is it Granger?"

She pointed to the portrait with her forefinger. " It IS her mother!"

" WHAT?" Shouted the teens, all turning and looking at the picture that was currently covered by a black satin drape.

" Think about it. No matter what spells we throw at it, nothing destroys it. Fire doesn't burn it. My Bombarda spell won't blow it up, doesn't do anything to it, almost like it doesn't work."

" Tell that to my bedroom door," muttered Blaise under his breath.

" Like any other Horcrux, nothing harms it. That's why we haven't been able to remove it from the house Harry. Bellatrix made the picture of her mother her Horcrux." Hermione explained, clapping her hands in joy.

Pansy walked up to the portrait and looked at curiously, " while I may not like the crazy old bat, that's bloody brilliant. Who would ever suspect a picture to be a Horcrux?" she leaned forward and placed her hand on the picture. Suddenly she screamed loudly and ripped her hand off the portrait, the skin bubbling with blisters immediately.

She pointed at the picture with her unhurt hand, " that bitch burned me." Ron rushed to her side and whispered a healing spell that vanished the blisters.

" That just proved my point. Whenever anyone that touches a Horcrux, that's not it's creator, they are burnt." Hermione explained, looking closely at the picture.

" But what about the book shaped print we found at the Lestrange Manor? The portrait is bigger then the impression we saw," Harry asked.

" Yes, true, perhaps it was a personal journal or something she had written in, claiming the picture as her Horcrux. She may have taken it with her when she burned the library, so no one would find out. Seems we didn't need it in the first place, we found it on our own!" Exclaimed Hermione joyfully.

" Well, thanks for the head's up Granger," mumbled Pansy, still cradling her sore hand.

" Huh? Oh yeah, sure Pansy. Now, the only question remaining is, how do we destroy it?"

" What about a Basilisk fang? Dumbledore has a few in his office from when we cleaned up the Chamber of Secrets." Harry suggested, heading towards the floo.

Hermione shook her head, " I don't think it will work. Judging from how fast Pansy got hurt, we might need something a little stronger."

Harry nodded and again went over towards the floo. When his head was in the flames, talking to Dumbledore, the teens gathered around Hermione.

" What will we need Hermione? What's stronger then a fang from a Basilisk?" asked Ginny, worry etched clearly across her pretty face.

" The sword of Gryffindor!"

Silence broke out amongst the group. Harry removed his head from the floo and walked back over. " Dumbledore is going to retrieve the sword from his personal vault, he said he should arrive tomorrow morning with it and will be here just incase we require his assistance. So we have until tomorrow, what do you suppose we do till then?"

Draco who was itching for some fun, leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest, loudly suggested, " how about we all begin our day by congratulating Zabini for finally marking his mate?"

The group of teens are turned around and stared at a wide eyed Blaise and beet red Ginny. No one knew what to say until the silence was broken by Ron,

" WHAT?!?!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Oh, come on Hermione, you can't still be mad at me." Draco whined as he tried again for the millionth time to sit beside Hermione and wrap his arm around her. Every time he did, she would shuffle down the couch, or move to a different chair. At one point she even left the room.

" Yes Draco, as a matter of fact I am. I can't believe you would just come out and say that out loud to everyone," she said, moving away and walking over to a different chair.

" Oh get off it, you could smell it as well, you knew she had been marked too."

" True, but it wasn't our secret to share. You also shouldn't have done it like you did either. You don't just shout that kind of secret out, that's something you do delicately."

" How much more delicate could I have been? No matter which way it was done, Weasel was going to fly off the handle and you know it. I was simply helping. Plus I was owing Blaise."

" Owing Blaise?" Hermione asked, her curiosity peeked.

" Something he did as a child, payback, I believe you Muggles call it! Anyways, it's done and over with. Now feel free to be mad at me till your little hearts content. I, however, am starving. I'm going to make myself something to eat. Join me if you like." Draco exclaimed, as he jumped off the couch and walked out of the library. Hermione merely sighed and followed after him, book in hand. They walked together in silence as they made their way to the kitchen. A sudden loud boom echoed through the large house, followed by shouting, caused both Hermione and Draco to break into sprints into the kitchen. They skidded to a halt at the scene before them.

The kitchen was blown up, the wood paneling on the cupboard doors singed black and the counter top was smoking. The kitchen table was turned on its side, wood splintered and holes blown halfway through it. Taking cover on its other side was Blaise, while Ron stood blasting spells across the kitchen, his face red and twisted up in anger. His wand aimed at the table, the tip glowed a light blue and Draco grabbed Hermione around the waist and toppled to the floor as another blast hit it's mark, causing wood splinters to fall around them. Beside Ron stood Ginny, hands on her hips and foot angrily tapping against the kitchen floor, unaffected by the blasts and wood being blown around. Harry and Luna protected by his body as they hunched in the furthest corner.

" Really Ron, you have no right. Now stop acting childish and let's discuss this as adults," Ginny shouted, and tried to pry his wand from his hands.

Ron turned his eyes away from the table for a second and exploded, " NO RIGHT? HE VIOLATED MY SISTER, THE BASTARD'S GONNA PAY WITH HIS LIFE!"

" Need I remind you, for the gazillionth time, Ronald Billius Weasley, that I am a grown woman, and I make my own decisions. Who I choose to sleep with is none of your concern. You don't see me trying to blow up Pansy, now do you?"

Ron's face immediately lost all color, but flared back up, " That's completely besides the point. I'm a man. And just what do you mean, ' who you sleep with'? Your sleeping with my sister?" he shouted and threw two more blasting spells at the table, causing a crack down the middle of it.

Blaise looked over at Draco, " Little help mate? Your best friend is being attacked, and your.... ARE YOU LAUGHING?"

" In my defense, this is quite hilarious Blaise. Consider this payback for when we were kids," Draco snickered.

" Prat," muttered Blaise and flinched as another spell made a loud boom, shaking the kitchen walls and rattling the dishes.

Hermione had had enough. She untangled herself from Draco and walked over to Ron, standing right infront of his wand, blocking the path. " That's it, I've had enough! Now, you want to throw another spell, go right ahead, but you'll be hitting me first." Her hands on her hips in determination, Ron sighed and lowered his wand. " Now I'm going to forget your sexist remark earlier about how it's perfectly acceptable for you to be sleeping with someone and not your sister merely because your a man, and remind you that she didn't say she was having, er, relations with Blaise, she was merely marked. You knew this was bound to happen, so grow up, and get this kitchen back in order. I don't want to see a single thing out of order, or so help me Merlin, I will floo your mother and have her come over and deal with you." And with a huff, Hermione walked over to Blaise, offered her hand to help him up and walked out of the Kitchen with Blaise and Draco following her.

" Hermione has a point. I'm flooing mother right now." Ginny exclaimed and began walking out of the kitchen, " she should know how her son has been behaving."

" Now wait just a minute Ginerva Weasley," Ron hollered, and grabbed her arm, only to shout in horror as he was, yet again, victim to Ginny's Bat Boogey Hex. She wretched her arm away from his grasp and continued her way into the livingroom, while Harry calmly tried to reverse the effects and Pansy and Luna went to follow Hermione and Blaise.

" I think Ron's in trouble," giggled Luna as she walked beside Pansy.

Pansy sighed, " when isn't he?"

*AN* sorry with the late update.  next and last up date will be in two weeks and a week or two after that ill decied who will adopt this story. If anyone else wants it just message me.