Just A Bit LeStrange

Everyone whispered Lumos at once, lighting the front foyer up. The group all gasped at once. Ron's face paled considerably, Pansy had to breathe deep to avoid spilling the contents of her stomach all over her shoes, while Hermione's eyes welled up with tears and Ginny and Luna buried their faces into the closest person's chest. Harry's face showed every amount of disgust he had in his body, Blaise's held strong anger, while Draco's remained blank. Not even three feet into the front hallway, splashed upon the walls in what they could only guess was blood, was the saying, 'DEATH TO ALL MUDBLOODS'. Underneath the writing, was a magically chained up skeleton, that from the looks of it, had been there awhile. Draco only coughed and waved his wand, the chains breaking free and the skeleton crumbling to the floor in a pile of dust.

" Do you suppose it was a Muggle?" Hermione asked in a whisper, grasping Draco's shirt lightly. His only response was to look back at her with his eyebrows raised and a look written painfully clear across his handsome face that said ' What do you think?'. Hermione shook her head in disgust.

" Still proud of your Pureblood heritage Malfoy?" Ron joked.

" Oh shut it Weasel, I had nothing to do with this,"

" Alright enough. Now where should we begin? I think this will go faster if we spilt up don't you agree?" Hermione asked, not wanting to indulge in another Draco/Ron fight right now.

" I think we'll cover more ground faster, that's for sure," agreed Ginny, tightly holding Blaise's hand.

" If it gets me out of this disgusting house faster, I'm game. It's going to take me years to get all the dirt and dust out of my clothes." Pansy whined, looking down at her favourite shirt in sadness. It seemed it might be doomed for eternity.

Hermione rolled her eyes, and sighed. " Alright, Harry you'll come with me. Everyone spilt up." Everyone nodded in agreement, except Draco, who only folded his arms across his chest defiantly.

" No," he firmly stated.

" Oh, I'm sorry. Did I begin that sentence with, ' if it pleases your Highness?' Now incase your still confused, I wasn't asking for permission. If you like to stay here, by all means Draco, stay. We should be done in an hour or so." Hermione spat, the tone in her voice was leaving no room for argument.

Draco sighed and dropped his arms to his sides. " Fine," he shrugged, walked over beside Blaise and everyone went their seperate ways.

~~~~~

Draco, Blaise, Ginny and Luna began their roaming on the first floor. They each picked a corner of a room, and searched, coming up with nothing. They had been through the dining room, living room, a ball room and were about to begin their round of the kitchen when Luna began swatting air. The other three stopped in their tracks and stared at the girl in wonderment.

" Lovegood, pardon my rudeness, but just what the bloody hell are you doing?" Blaise asked, one elegant eyebrow raised in question.

" Gnarleyfinks are all over the place here. You have Veela magic, can't you see them?" she answered, her arms flailing wildy in the air.

Now both his eyebrows were raised, and this time in bewilderment. " One can't usually see things that don't exist. Only the creator of such imaginary things can," he slowly answered, as if speaking to a child. " But for the sake of argument, and my own personal curiosity, what's your issue with Gn -whatever-they-are?"

Luna's swatting died down a bit, so she didn't look like she was trying to take flight, to a dull swat. She shot a look of surprise towards him and asked, " You don't know what Gnarleyfinks are Blaise? I was sure, that you of all people, would have known what they were. Guess I was wrong," and she went back to shooing invisible bugs.

" And why, pray tell, is that?"

" Because Gnarleyfinks, while normally harmless when alone or in small groups, are dangerous in large quantities. They tend to sting and bite at women, which causes said women's menstrual cycle to begin."

Blaise's eyes bugged out of his head, and Ginny had to hide her giggle behind her hands. Draco just leaned against the nearest wall, watching with amused interest.

" And just how the bloody hell would I know that Lovegood? If it's failed to have been noticed, I happen to be male."

Luna merely shrugged her shoulders and replied, " I'm not gender confused Blaise, I know your a male. I just thought you might have known about them is all. I always thought you were the smart one of the group, other then Hermione. Guess I was mistakened. Oh well, let's continue shall we? I think I got them all, we're safe Ginny." Luna smiled triumphantly, and began walking towards the kitchen.

" Thanks Luna, appreciate it," Ginny laughed and followed after her.

Draco came up beside Blaise and stared after the two girls.

" There's something seriously wrong with that girl," Blaise muttered, shaking his head slightly.

Draco chuckled, " Perhaps, but Potter likes her well enough, and we can't deny, she's anything but boring." Draco clapped his hand on Blaise's back and motioned towards the girls, " Come on mate, let's not get left behind."

Blaise shook his head one last time, mouthed to himself ' bonkers' and followed after Draco. He was just about to come up beside him when an ear-peircing scream tore through the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione watched as her Veela wandered off and sighed deeply. She loved him, true, but sometimes he could act like such a child. She smiled to herself as Harry came up beside her.

" Well seeing as how they decided to take that way, and I'm pretty sure Pansy and Ron took the cellar, I'm guessing we're heading upstairs. Care to lead the way?" He offered, extending his hand and mock bowing before Hermione.

" How about we race? Winner gets to choose which room first."

" Your on," and like a shot they were both off. Even though they were racing up, what seemed to be an over 200 staired staircase, with the Veela magic flowing through her veins, Hermione easily flew past Harry, coming to a halt at the top. She waited a few seconds as Harry emerged, gasping for breath and clutching his chest as if he had just ran a marathon. " Too many....WHEW..... Bloody hell..... fastest woman alive," he panted, trying desperatly to return his breathing back to normal.

" Merlin Harry, it's like you don't play any sports or keep in shape at all," Hermione joked, the ends of her mouth slightly turned up.

Harry made a sour face at her, " I'll have you know I am in shape, thank you very much. And as for sports, I happen to sit on a broom, for sometimes hours on end, searching for a tiny little golden flying ball. Now where in that description did I mention I ran, instead of sitting on my arse the entire time?"

Hermione only raised her hands up in mock defeat, and hiding a giggle, she headed to the left, opening the first door she saw. It appeared to have been a library at one time, however, most of the tomes and novels were scattered all over the floor, burnt or blown to pieces.

" Think they've been robbed?" Harry wondered out loud, picking up a burnt book by the cover, the rest of the book ripped off and fell to the ground, the cover still in his hands.

Hermione shook her head, " no, I don't. If they had, the rest of the house should look like this room as well, should it not? I think something else happened. I think Bella burned down the library in an attempt to keep something a secret. Something she didn't want others finding out about."

" The Horcrux?"

" Exactly. Harry, look over here. Judging from the layering of dust, this room hasn't been used in years, however, someone slipped up. Something was taken from here. See the difference in dust layers?" Hermione pointed to a square patch on the desk in the corner, there wasn't any dust, just a clean, square patch of wood.

Harry nodded, " Looks like an outline of a book."

" Yes, and judging from how clean it is, whatever was taken, wasn't taken too long ago." Hermione squealed in delight.

" Brillant, but forgive me Hermione, I fail to understand why your so happy. The impression seems to be a book," Hermione nodded, " there are millions of them, out there in the world. How will we know which book is the one we're searching for? Plus if the book isn't here, it means it was taken, to a place we don't know. Most likely with Bellatrix, another thing we have no clue of it's whereabouts. So why are you so happy?"

Hermione's smiled slowly retreated into a frown, as she mumbled, " way to ruin a good moment." She sighed heavily and turned her head back to face Harry. " I was merely thinking that, judging from the lack of dirt in the outline, it couldn't have been taken more then a few days ago, which means, someone was here. Which means, this Manor isn't as abandoned as we thought."

" You thinking whoever took the book, might come back?"

" It's a possibility. But we've been known to have been wrong before," she shrugged.

" Before? Hermione, every single plan we make, seems to somehow blow up in our faces, leaving all hell to break loose."

Hermione went to open her mouth to protest, when the sound of high-pitched scream ripped through the Manor.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione and Harry tore out of the library, out into the hallway, leaning over the railing looking down on the level below. From the right of them, Draco, Blaise, Ginny and Luna appeared, skidding to a halt, looking around for the owner of the scream.

Hermione let out a breath she didn't know she was holding at the sight of her mate in the same condition as she had left him. " You guys okay? Who screamed?"

The four shook their heads, but Blaise spoke up, " Not us, thought it might have been you, Hermione."

Hermione shook her head in answer.

" Couldn't have been Hermione. It was too girly to be her. Could have been Potter though." Draco laughed.

" Draco, I don't think now is the best...." Hermione began, however Harry cut her off.

" Oi, Malfoy, it wasn't me. And how would you know what I screamed like?" He yelled down, his mouth in a frown.

" Well, I don't rightly know, now do I Potter? However, if you've got some free time, perhaps later this evening, we could find out together, make you scream my name?" Draco laughed, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

" Why you, Sick. Disgusting. Perverted......" Harry began, however stopping short when all at once, the six teens grabbed at their individual coins as they heated up against their skin. Everyone broke out in a relieved sigh, while Draco and Blaise burst out laughing so hard, they both toppled over, holding their sides.

Looking down at her coin, Hermione shook her head and she read the neat writing of Pansy:

'Ignore the scream. Ron saw a spider!'

Draco and Blaise's laughter died down, as they helped one another off the ground. Wiping a tear from his eye, as Hermione and Harry descended the stairs to discuss what they had found in the library, Blaise chuckled to himself, " Bloody kid's a menace!"

~~~~~~~~~

The six descened the cellar steps and Pansy and Ron came into view. Pansy stood on the middle of a small room, hands on hips, looking quite bored, while Ron shifted beside her, his face beet red.

" How you doing Ron?" Harry asked, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

" Bloody spiders, I hate spiders," he mumbled.

" I'm sure they are more scared of you, then you are of them," Draco snickered, elbowing Blaise in the ribs, who was trying to conceal a laugh.

" I highly doubt it," Ron answered, his face going even redder then before.

Hermione came and stood beside Pansy, " so this is the cellar? Seems kinda small compared to the size of the other rooms in the Manor."

" Now that you mention it Granger, your right. It does seem quite small compared to other cellars I've seen in other Manors." Pansy agreed. " Also quite empty. There's no furniture, no junk, no nothing, how odd."

" Well Bellatrix wasn't known for her sanity now was she?" Ginny said, looking around the surroundings. All there was, was four stone walls and a dirty, cold stone floor.

" Okay, well I say, now that we've searched the entire place, we get the hell out of here, grab something to eat and find somewhere to sleep. I, for one, am starving and would love nothing more then a hot shower." Pansy suggested, to which everyone nodded and agreed. They began filing up the stairs, one by one, when Luna threw her hands up in the air in frustration,

" Really? I'm the only one who sees it?"

Everyone paused, and looked at her. She sighed, and walked towards one of the walls.

" The reason the cellar is smaller then the average Manor ones is because this isn't the entire cellar."

" Come again?" Ginny asked.

" Ugh," Luna spat, " see here?" She pointed to the floor, where foot imprints were almost faded away, " these just end here. Now unless there's an apparition point in this exact place, there's more to this cellar then meets the eye." She began running her hands along the wall.

Draco groaned, " Please don't tell me your seeing things that aren't there again Lovegood?"

" Ah ha!" She exclaimed, as her hand pushed a brick in, the wall shifting and opening, revealing a large, dark room.

" Luna, your brilliant." Hermione cheered, and rushed off the steps. Everyone followed Hermione into the room, Luna holding the wall. While everyone lit the tips of their wands and entered the room, she exclaimed to herself,

" Score one for the fuzzy one!"

" Sweet Merlin's ghost," Ron exclaimed while he took in the surroundings. Blood caked the floor, little splashes on the walls. Chains and other painful devices adoned the three walls. " What the bloody hell went on in here?"

" It's a torture room Weasley. Every Old Pureblooded family has one in their cellars. Mine and Blaise's Manors have one, as does Pansy's. Don't worry, they haven't been used in centuries. Your a Pureblood, how do you not know this?" Draco asked, shocked.

" My family doesn't have one. Unlike other Pureblood families, my family didn't believe in the torturing of innocents and Muggles." Ron sneered, and turned back around.

" Shame they let the old ways die," Draco mumbled. Ron spun around and stuck his tongue out at Draco, very childlike. " Cute, Weasley!"

" Doesn't seem to be anything of importance here." Hermione stated.

A cackle from behind had everyone spinning around. There stood Bellatrix, and behind her, about twelve other rogue Death Eaters.

" I wouldn't say that Mudblood. I seem to have found a few interesting things, wouldn't you agree?" Bella sneered, an evil glint in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry its late i went back to school and i have end of year exams coming up for my year and i really need to study but i will try and upload by Wednesday :)

Vote

Comment

Fan