Run Run Run As Fast As You Can

Her eyes stung with tears, as the wind whipped ferociously against her face. The rain pelted her face, freezing her skin. Off in the distance, a faint clap of thunder rumbled, alerting the frozen woman of the terrible storm that was about to come. The woman attempted to pull the hood of her cloak up, but it was no use. The wind kept shooting it back. She needed to hide. She needed to get away. She needed sanctuary.

She spotted an abandoned cabin, deep within the woods she was currently running through. Anywhere would be better then out in this weather. She crept up quietly to one of the windows and peered inside. Nothing but dust and white sheeted furniture. Looked empty enough, she supposed, and she stalked quietly to the front door. Looking over her shoulder, looking for any signs she had been followed and seeing none, she whispered a quiet Alohamora, and quickly pushed herself through the door and slammed it shut behind her.

She glanced around at her new surroundings. Her nose quickly turned up at all the dirt, dust, and grime the place had aquired the entire time it had been abandoned. It wasn't as bad as the Shrieking Shack, but it came to a close second. Shivering, she aimed her wand at the empty fireplace and quickly started a roaring fire. She shook her cloak off and hung it up to dry. Her raven hair clung to the side of her face as Bellatrix began pacing the floor. She couldn't allow the Potter brat of that ruddy Mudblood to find her. She would have to devise a plan. Take them out one by one. With a evil grin slowy spreading across her face, she knew just how to begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~

" Bloody hell Hermione, slow down." Ron softly whispered from underneath Harry's invisibility cloak, with Hermione's Extended Charm currently making it large enough to fit everyone under it.

" Ouch Blaise, that was my foot!"

" Pardon me Parkinson, but I can't see anything."

" Potter, that had better be your wand, or else..."

" Quiet, all of you. Merlin, your all going to get us caught." Hermione shushed as she lead the group towards the Great Hall. She slowed down, coming to a halt. She turned and faced the group. " From here on, it's just us. I've brought these coins we used back when the DA was formed. If we happen to get seperated, just touch the tip of your wand to the coin and the message will be sent to the rest of us," she whispered as she handed each person a single gold coin dangling from a thin, silver chain.

Draco frowned slightly. He didn't enjoy the fact that they were heading out to face danger again. He loved his father, true, but there had to be another way. His mate had a different opinion however, and after hours of arguing, he finally agreed. The eight of them were heading out to find the Horcrux his deranged aunt had made, destroy it, find Bellatrix and heal his father, whether Bellatrix did so herself or by her death.

Hermione turned, and pushed the Great Doors open, the rain and wind immediatly causing everyone to shiver. Thunder boomed loudly overhead and lightning crashed, illuminating the grounds they were to cover before they could apparate safely from the school. She took a deep breath, ripped the cloak off and made a mad dash out the doors. The rest of the group followed and soon they were standing in front of the gates.

" Leaky Cauldron?" Hermione asked, yelling over the thunderous rain.

Blaise shook his head, " too many shady wizards there, I say Hog's Head!"

The rest of the group nodded, and with a loud pop, each vanished from sight.

~~~~~~

" Now that was fun," Luna chuckled as she shook her head, her hair sending water splashing everywhere.

" Yes, loads! Now what's the plan?" Draco snorted, pointing his wand at himself, casting a drying charm.

Hermione's face dropped, " I-I don't rightly know. If you were Bellatrix, where would you hide a Horcrux?"

" Whoa, whoa whoa. Hold on a minute here. Your saying that, not only have you had us leave school grounds without authorization and begin a hunt for a murderous witch, but you have absoleutly no idea where the Horcrux might be?" Pansy asked, shaking her head in disappointment. " And they call you the brightest witch of our age. Slightly exaggerated if you ask me," she chuckled.

" Shut it Parkinson," Draco warned, his voice low.

" No, I won't. I have no problem facing danger head on when there's a plan involved. Also a back-up plan, should the first fail, but I nearly lost my life a while back, incase you've forgotten, and I don't fancy pushing my luck a second time. Now if Granger has any ideas, I'm all ears, if not, I'm staying put until one is devised." Pansy huffed.

Hermione's mouth tightened into a thin line, her eyes slited in anger. " And just what would you have me do huh? Grab Bellatrix, hex her into an oblivion until she gives me the location of the Horcrux?" She asked, her voice quiet and solid.

" If you think that would work, by all means Granger." Pansy smiled.

Hermione whipped her wand out, frustration clearly written on her face and shouted, " I'm tired of always having to be the one with a plan, the one with the brains. The bloody know-it-all who has the answers. I'm not perfect Pansy, and contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything. I'm doing my best, and all you can do is make fun of me with your snide comments."

Pansy jumped up, her wand raised as well. " I'm not making fun, just pointing out the obvious. All I'm saying is I'm not going anywhere with you, the Kamakazee Twins, the two Veelas with a nose for trouble, the firey redhead, and la-la brain without a plan."

" Hey!" the others shouted, to which Pansy just smiled sweetly and replied, " I meant it all with admiration and love!"

" Now ladies, why don't we put the wands down and try to act civily?" Blaise asked smoothly, his hands reaching for the girls wands.

Both Pansy and Hermione turned to their side, their wands focused on Blaise and yelled, " SOD OFF ZABINI!"

" Fair enough!"

Hermione turned her wand back to Pansy and huffed, " Well, since your so keen on a plan Pansy, why don't you give it a shot? Where would you begin? What would you do? Not as easy as it sounds, now is it?"

Pansy sneered, " actually, it is!"

Hermione lowered her wand fast as her eyes shot out of her head, " Huh?"

" If I were her, I'd keep it somewhere safe, somewhere personal. Some place where it wouldn't be harmed. Lestrange Manor!"

" Excuse me?"

" Think about it Granger. Everyone in Wizarding London knows who she and her husband were. Do you know anybody foolish enough to just wander into their manor? I don't bloody think so."

" Hold on a minute, your suggesting we head to that creepy place, full of traps to search for her or the Horcrux?" Harry asked, shocked.

" Not suggesting, Potter, I'm stating it! What do you think Granger?"

Hermione had taken a seat and was comtemplating, weighing the pros and cons. She was beside herself with anger that she hadn't come up with this herself, but she couldn't argue that Pansy had a point. Even if they didn't find Bellatrix or the Horcrux, they were sure to find something. She sighed, running her hand through her hair and stood up.

" Alright Pansy, lets go!"

~~~~

 " Of all the hair-brained schemes," Ginny whispered to herself as the eight of them fearfully looked up at the enormous mansion, silhouetted in darkness. It was no Malfoy Manor, but it was damned frightening none the less.

" So, whats the plan now?" Hermione asked as she giggled to herself, the expression on Pansy's face clearly one of terror.

Pansy gulped. She knew she had come up with a good plan, now she just needed to find the guts to walk inside herself. " Either front door, or blast a hole in the side of the wall and go in that way. Don't rightly know."

The group slauntered up the long walk, slowly, careful and on the lookout for anything that happened to move. They reached the front door, and Luna tried the doorknob. Like they assumed, it was locked. She turned to the goup and shrugged,

" Worth a try!"

" Oh move over, " Ron muttered. He waved his wand and said Alohamora, and tried the door handle again. Still locked. His face went a bright shade of red at the disapproving glares from the three other boys. " Worked for Hermione in first year."

" So you'd figure, since it worked for a locked classroom in first year, a renowned murderous Death Eater's house would be just as easy to enter Weasley?" Blaise scoffed.

" It wasn't a locked classroom Zabini. For your information there was a huge three headed dog on the other side."

" Awwww, did the puppy scare you Weasel?" Draco laughed.

" Hey! Fluffy happened to be deadly."

" FLUFFY?" Draco and Blaise exclaimed before bursting out laughing.

" For the love of Merlin!" Hermione yelled, pointed her wand at the door and shouted, " BOMBARDA MAXIM!" The door blew apart in a million tiny pieces, sending everyone but her sprawling in different places.

" Merlin Granger, thats one hell of a spell you have there, " Pansy exclaimed standing up and brushing off her clothing.

" Thank you for the idea Parkinson," Hermione smiled triumphantly.

" Seems oddly familiar in a weird way, " Blaise muttered to which Ginny and Hermione giggled.

" Okay, here we go." Draco said and took the first steps in, Harry following behind him. Darkness and quiet surrounded them, and everyone shuddered. " Game face on Potter, it's dark in here. You might need to hold my hand for support."

Harry groaned in frustration and shoved Draco hard from behind, pushing him forward, followed by everyone else.

~~~~~~

Back at the cottage, Bellatrix smiled to herself. The wards she set at the Manor years ago, went off quietly from her wand, alerting her to the guests she now aquired at her home. Her plan was going smoothly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok so its a small chapter but like i said i have no time to atm coz i'm on holiday sorry next chapter will be soon :)

Vote

Comment

Fan