✿ten✿

"I hoped that kind of person would exist.
But that person is right here.
Should I talk to you or not? I thought for a while.
Thoughts keep getting tangled in my head.
I was going to drink this coffee with you.
Now I've already emptied my second cup"

|♡|

Louis was standing in front of his mirror as he let his towel hit the floor, getting ready to get dressed, thinking about how different he wanted the previous day to go.

The day before, he was meant to go out to dinner with Harry and then maybe shopping for the dance today, it was going to be everything Louis wanted. Or so he thought.

He was getting ready to get into the shower when Harry called him. The boy told him about how he didn't think he could go through with his plans to break up with Niall. He mentioned something about the boy's mom being sick for a while and he doesn't think he could do that to Niall right now.

So Louis sat on his bed, he was sad, but he also felt bad because he was mad because he just wanted Harry, but for some reason he'll never know, the universe just doesn't want to see them together. And it was so crazy to think about, how Harry was ready to give up everything for Louis when he was around him, but once he left it was like all he cared about was Niall.

He didn't sleep at all, his mind was busy with thoughts of what could've been, had Harry not dumped him, what it would be like if he'd just grow some balls and leave Niall, but at this point, he started to feel as if it just wasn't going to ever happen, and he didn't know how he felt about that.

Eventually, Louis was able to fall asleep, dreaming of a world in which he and Harry would be able to be together and everthing would just be perfect. Where he could finally be happy with, who he still considered, the love of his life.

As Louis had just managed to get his jeans over his thighs, it hit him. He knows that no matter what happens, today, tommorow, or even after that, and regardless of what has happened in the passed, he'd always want Harry back.

Louis twisted his bottom lip between his fingers as he walked into his closet to grab a shirt, he considered it nice enough for a school dance. It was just a simple white shirt, with sleeves that cut off as his elbow, the color contrasted with his tan skin well, he thinks.

The boy knows tonight will get pretty dark for him. Liam is taking Zayn as his date, Harry with Niall, and Louis with himself. But it's okay, he considers himself a hoot. Not just a hoot, but a hoot and a half, a great lad to be around and if Harry doesn't like that well then Harry can suck his big fat co-

Wait no, they'd both enjoy that too much.

Well still, Harry was definitely missing out because Louis was back, baby. He was going to go back to his old ways of being everyone's favorite idiot, all smiles and giggles because fuck Harry, man. He was going to get over him, and this time he was going to try really hard.

Once Liam and Louis were ready, picked up Zayn, and walked into the schools lovely decorated gym, Louis decided that trying hard, also included trying hard to not be hard.

Because God damnit, Harry Styles just had to fucking show up in a suit. Louis actually felt his knees buckle once he saw his ex boyfriend walk in with Niall, his hair was fixed to where a little strand was in his face, and the pants complimented him so well, and he was still wearing the rings and why the fuck is Louis not going to allow himself to find Harry at some point in the night, and let the boy take him in the bathroom, you may ask?