✿ twelve ✿

"Once upon a time,
we had it all.
Somewhere down the line,
we went and lost it.
One break at a time,
we watched it fall.
I'm broken here tonight,
and darlin', no one else can fix me.
Only you."

|♡|

Louis Tomlinson was feeling many emotions at the current moment. It was spring break, and soon he'd be going on his senior trip, he'd have prom, and then he'd graduate. It was all happening so fast and he didn't know how, or what to feel.

Harry Styles was shaking, today was the day he had planned on breaking up with Niall, and taking Louis on an offical date. But obviously he was nervous because at the end of the day, he really didn't want to hurt Niall.

But, then again, he was always willing to do anything for Louis. Even if it meant hurting people. And God, he wanted this so bad. He wanted to take this boy out on a real date, and hold him close, and do everything within his power to get this boy back.

So, he got out of bed, grew a pair, and got ready to make his way to Niall's house. And he decided that nothing was going to stop him today. He wanted this more than anything, and he was going to get it.

He's walking up to Niall's when it hits him. He's probably going to leave Niall's with an injury, but it's worth it. Anything for Louis.

He knocks on the door and knows it's going to be a ten minute wait because Niall takes his sweet time. So he spends the time calming himself, and taking deep breathes.

Niall opens the door, and offers a small smile, to which Harry returns with a little lopsided smile of his own.

"Hey, what's up?" Niall asks, leaning against the door.

"We need to talk, Niall," Harry walked in, once invited by Niall, he took a seat on the boys couch and placed his hands on his knees, where his jeans were ripped, "we've both been getting pretty distant. And I'm not here to pull some 'it's not you, it's me' bullshit, because really, it's the both of us. I know you're not feeling it anymore, and we'll I'm not either. I'm going to be honest, and say I've wanted to do this — to break up with you, ever since Louis and I got back on speaking terms. I don't want us to be that couple who just smiles at each other in the hallway, I want to try and keep a friendship. Because, well we aren't in love, and we're both mature, and it's maintainable. What do you think?"

So Niall takes a second. Harry couldn't be more right, and he really isn't hurt, or upset for the matter. So he nods his head, it's slow at first, but then he breaks out into a smile.

"That's fine, Harry. You were a great friend before you were a great boyfriend." and Harry smiles and hugs him.

He leaves Niall's house an hour later, questioning why he was so afriad to do this. He doesn't let it get to him however, he's got more important matters to think about.

-

He's making his way to Louis', straightening out his button up as he waits for the door to be opened. When it is, he smiles at the small boy in front of him. His Louis.

He's half asleep, in sweats and Harry's T-shirt. His hair is fluffy and messy and he looks so cute, Harry wants to cancel his plans just to cuddle this boy forever.

Harry offers him a single sunflower, a representation of admiration. The boy blushes and Harry pulls him close to plant a kiss on his forehead.

"Would you mind going out with me? I promise that I'll have you home in time to watch whatever shows you like to cuddle up on the couch and watch on Saturday nights." and Louis blushes.

"I'd love too." he smiles and takes the flower, going to put it in a cup with water, "I should go change. Anything in specific?"

"Just jeans, you look cute in my sweatshirt." Louis just blushes and walks alway, mumbling about how its basically his because he's had it for years.

So Harry invites himself into Louis' living room, where spongebob plays has the youngest set of twins are giggling away. He says a quick hello to Liam, who's making a snack for them.

Ten minutes later, Louis is hopping down the stairs and Harry's mouth goes dry.

"Tights? Since when?" he's not so subtly looking Louis up and down.

"All my jeans were dirty, and these were the only thing Lottie was willing to lend me. Liam's jeans are too big." he's blushing and trying to hide his face in the sweater paws and Harry swears he's never been so in love, "So, where to?" he asks as he walks out the house, yelling quickly about how he's hanging out with Harry and he'll be back later.

"That, my darling, is for me to know, and for you to find out." Harry leaves him with a smirk, and Louis blushes at it.

He's nervous, because this feels like it's a date, and he nearly screams when Harry confirms that they are infact on a date.

-

He pulls up into this little diner, that has a 50's theme to it. He knows Louis loves anything and everything about anything from the 50's to the 70's.

Louis smiles and kisses Harry's cheek before he hops out of the car and looks at the outside of the restaurant.

"Harry," he's beaming as the taller boy steps out of the car, "you didn't have to bring me here." and he's pouting as Harry walks over to him.

He pulls Louis close, and pecks his forehead, "I knew you'd love it, I had no choice, baby. I had to bring you." Louis blushes (for what feels like the millionth time) and thanks Harry.

They walk in and sit at a booth, that's right next to a juke-box, and Louis' in love.

A waitress comes over, she smiles at them and they both order burgers, and one large shake with two fries. Louis' always wanted to do that, and Harry had to make these wishes come true.

Anything for his boy.

When the milkshake comes, he pats the seat next to him, and invites Louis to sit next to him.

Louis' face lights up when The Way You Look Tonight, the one Michael Bublé sings begins to play and Louis looks at Harry.

He's got these little tears in his eyes and Harry knows they're good ones.

Harry wraps and arm arouns him, and leans his head on Louis, humming softly.

"You're lovely, with your smile so warm, and your cheeks so soft. There is nothing for me but to love you, and the way you look tonight." he sings softly and Louis sniffs a little.

Harry cups his cheeks, and wipes what few tears managed to escape. He takes a second, to let it all sink in — he's got this beautiful, sweet creature sitting right infront of him. This boy who he'd give his own life up for, and he loves him. So fucking much.

"Louis," he begins, "I love you. I loved you ever since we were fourteen and you broke your arm and I slept with you in the hospital every night until you were better. I've loved you ever since we were the only people who never played with other kids on the playground in elementary school. And I'll love you 'till were old and gross and on our death beds. And I'll love you after we're both dead. And I'll love you in my next life. I'll always love you, Louis William Tomlinson and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make you mine again." he finishes, and he kisses Louis' forehead for the millionth time that night.

And Louis' got little tears rolling cheeks, but he kisses Harry. He kisses him, and it's slow, and sweet, and filled with nothing other than love and passion.

He looks Harry in the eyes and says, "I've always been yours. I'll always be yours. You don't have to put a lot of effort into 'winning me back' because, that little speach of yours was all it took."

He pecks the boys lips once more, presses their foreheads together, and smiles.

Because Louis Tomlinson will always love Harry Styles.

********
((((;

I LOVE LARRY WITH MY WHOLE HEART

all the love, dj c dizzle