✿epilogue✿

"So you go your way,
and I'll go mine,
and if we're meant to,
I'll meet you there.
We can't spead up
the hands of time,
but if we're meant to,
I'll meet you there."

|♡|

Today was the day. Today, they were going to graduate, and live their lives together forever. Louis wakes up that morning, shaking, however not with nerves for graduation.

No, that was nothing.

However, Harry got into a college that was an hour away from Louis and it was killing him because Harry has never lived further than a ten minute walk away from Louis.

And now he'll be an hour away and Louis' got no fucking clue how to cope with it.

And it's not that he thinks their relationship will wither away due to distance because it's them.

He's just worried. He doesn't want Harry to do anything simply because feels bad for Louis. He wants Harry to do whatever is going to make him happy.

None the less he gets in the shower, turning the water all the way up so that the room steams up. Then again, no amount of hot water can calm that many nerves.

Harry woke up that day, thinking he was beyond out of his mind.

In the bottom draw of his night stand, the one Louis gets all weird about because Harry keeps it locked, is a ring.

No, not an engagement ring, he's not that crazy.

It's a promise ring. And he knows that it isn't that big of a deal, but that doesn't make him any less nervous.

He and Louis haven't even been dating for two months, yet here he is, willing to give this to his boy.

His boy who he loves more than he loves, or as ever loved anything in this shitty world.

His boy who means so much to him it isn't even funny. His boy who he very well wouldn't mind spending the rest of his life with if Louis would have him.

His boy who he wants to give this ring as his promise that he won't leave him; no matter what. That nothing is going is going to stop him from loving his boy.

And he wants to tell him all of this. He wants to tell him that he won't leave Louis and he wants to tell him everything he's been feeling.

But he knows the minute he even looks at him, he's going to forget every word he's been wanting to say. If he even looks into those eyes, he'll probably even forget he wants to give him this ring.

So with that being said, he's got no clue how he wants to do this. Or how he's even going to do it in the first place.

But he knows he's going to do it. One way or another he is going to give the love of his life a promise ring.

He's sitting a row behind his boy. Literally, he's directly beind Louis and everytime the boy turns around and looks at him with this little smile, he gets so many butterflies in his tummy, and well if he's being honest it makes him feel really gay.

They've both gotten their diplomas, and now the last speech is being made and this is his perfect time.

He knows when those balloons drop from the ceiling, his boy is going to jump over the damn chair to get to him, and do as he pleases.

And that's when Harry is going to do it.

So as the president is saying his final goodbyes, he reaches in his pocket, and fiddles with the ring.

His throat goes dry as the balloons drop and he sees his boyfriend's happy expression and he knows he can do this.

So when he wraps his arms around his boy, and kisses his cheek, and whispers in his ear about how proud he is, he does it.

Louis pulls back, and goes to kiss Harry only to be rejected. He's hurt and scared, and then Harry is dragging him to an uncroweded area that he's had his eyes on since Louis walked the stage.

"Baby," he starts, he's got no clue where it's going to go, but he's doing it, "I know you're nervous about college, I can see it. And I know that if I let you talk, you're just going to go on about how you want me to do whatever is going to make me happy, and well, that's going to depend on you."

Louis' eyebrows are furrowed and he's beyond confused, "What do you mean?"

So Harry gives him a small smile, pulls the ring out of his pocket, and twirls it in between his fingers, "It's not an engagement ring, don't worry. It's a promise ring."

He sees the little tears welling up in Louis' eyes and he pouts.

"I'm not saying it's going to be easy. But, an hour distance is nothing. I promise I'll do my absolute best to make you feel like we're five minutes apart and we'll meet up and do work together and we can get jobs and save up for a place thats right in the middle and we can make it work," he wipes a tear of Louis' cheek, "you don't have take this right no-" and Louis kisses him.

It's not fast, and filled with want; it's pationate and filled with 'I love you'. It's everything they both need it to be.

"Let's do it." Louis mumbles, taking the ring, and putting it on, before tip-toeing to hug the boy who he needs and loves more than he thought was humanly possible.

Truth be told, it isn't easy. It's mind-blowingly hard, and they almost break up countless times.

Sometimes they can't see each other, sometimes they can't even talk. But in the end it's all worth it.

Because in the end, nothing else matters to them but each other. And no sacrifice is too big for them because in the end, they get to live together.

And it's cheesy, the way they start calling it "home", and "our house" before they've even began to look for an apartment.

But it's them. They'll always be cheesy fuckers.

They think it's crazy- their story, all that they went through. And it's even crazier for Louis to think there was even a possibility of him getting over Harry.

But you just don't simply get over the only person you've been in love with.

**

wow why did it take me two actual years to write THIS??????

i went on break way too many times for such a shitty ending BUT i didnt want some cheesy bullshit where they live together and literally die together and shit sksksksks

all the love, dj c dizzle.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐊 | 𝙎𝙏𝙔𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙊𝙉 🎉