Chapter 4

As she walks to her locker Matt comes up from behind and wraps his arms around her. "Hey baby. What's up?" She freezes on the spot. "Um. I. I have to go to class Matt.." "Oh come on. We're in all the same classes. You couldn't avoid me if you tried." She closes her locker. "That's what I'm afraid of." she frowns as she walks away. "Hey! What's your problem Lexi?!?" He half jogs half walks towards their class. "Hey! Lexi. Don't do this.. Please don't ignore me. I love you Lexi!" She spins around to face him. He stops. "Don't say that to me ever again!" She walks into class just as the bell rings. She rushes to her seat and grabs her books. Math. Why so early in the morning? She wonders to herself. She feels eyes on her and looks across the room. Matt. She turns away from his stare, and looks down at her book. A single tear falls down. She wipes it away as another one falls. Turning into sobs she runs out of the class just as it was about to start. She hears the teacher calling after her as she goes to the bathroom. She stands in front if the mirror for a moment crying. She turns on the tap and splashes some cold water on her face. One of the girls from her class walks in and asks if she's okay. She nods her head yes. "I'll be there in a moment." "Okay" she says as she goes back to class. She walks in a couple moments after her. "Are you okay Lexi?" Mr. Goodman asks. "Yeah. I just needed to freshen up. Sorry I ran out." "Its okay. Just make sure next time you ask. Okay?" she nods her head 'yes' and walks back to her desk not bothering to look across the room knowing he's looking at her. She opens her book again and begins to read. Not being able to concentrate she looks up only to see Matt staring at her. She looks away frowning. Looking at the clock. One more minute she thinks and the bells rings. She grabs her books and runs out. She feels a hand try to grab her, knowing it's Matt she pushes his hand away and goes to her locker. Puts her books away and grabs some new ones. English. 'My favorite'. She walks into class just as the second bell rings, and after her Matt. "Hey. I need to talk to you Lexi. Please?" "No. I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me alone."