Chapter 7

He opens his eyes and the first thing he sees is his mother. "Mom?.." he tries to get up as she runs to him with tears in her eyes. "Matt. Oh Matt.. Lay down sweetie.. It'll be alright.." "Mom.. Where am I?" "You passed out sweetie. You were burning up. You're in the hospital." "Where's dad?" "He went to go get us some food in the cafeteria. He'll be here soon." "Me and Lexi broke up" he looks at his hands as his mother gasps. "What?.. But... Why?" he looks up at her. "Because.. I did something very.. Awful to her.." he looks down to his hands again feels the tears coming. His body starts to shake as he starts to cry. His mother places a hand on his shoulder. "What is it hunny? What did you do?" his breathing goes short. "I... I raped her.." She pulls her hand away. He looks up and sees her face change from different emotions. From scared to angry. From angry to sympathetic. She looks up as his father walks in. He looks from Matt to his mother. "What's going on? Did I miss something?" "Could I talk to you outside? Please?" "Yeah. Sure hun." He stares at his parents as they walk out and close the door. He looks down at his hands as his parents talk, only barely catching the words that are being passed. Walking in a moment later his dad looks mad. But he quickly covers it with a smile. "Anyone hungry?" he says as he grabs the sandwiches he bought. He looks at Matt as he hold up a sandwich. "Hungry?" he shakes his head 'No' "I think I'll just go to sleep. I'm tired.." wanting to get out of the situation. His parents force a smile and his mother says "Of course hunny. We'll let you sleep. Don't worry. You're outta here tomorrow." he turns the other way as they walk out. He's too confused to think so he just lays there staring at the wall. He soon drifts off into sleep. Too tired to think anymore and his mind goes blank.