Chapter 6- Matt

He thinks back and remembers being happy when he walked into the school on Monday morning. He sighs. 'The day it ended.' "Why?!? Why did I have to be so stupid?!? Fuck!!!" he thinks to himself out loud. His mother knocks on his door. "What's wrong sweetie? Did something happen?" she looks at him with genuine concern. "No ma. Just.. Thinking" she frowns slightly but quickly plasters a smile on her face. "Okay sweetie. Dinners almost ready. Come down when your ready." he smiles at her. "Okay. Will do." she shuts his door and leaves him to think. "Why? Why Lexi? I loved you.. I still do.." he says to no one but himself. He feels tears threatening to come. He squeezes his eyes shut to try stop them. Feeling pretty sure they wouldn't fall he walks downstairs and into the kitchen. His parents are already eating when he walks in. "Hey sweetie" his mother says. He sits in his chair. 'Being an only kid sucks.' he thinks to himself as he reaches for the mashed potatoes. He takes two full scoops and grabs a steak. He looks down at his plate and eats some of his potatoes. He feels their eyes on him and suddenly he couldn't swallow his food. He takes a drink of his water. "What?" he says as he looks up at them. "What's wrong hunny?" his mother asks him. He feels his throat tighten and tears spring to his eyes. This is what he was trying to avoid. That one simple question he knew would break him. He looks down again. His voice cracks as he tries to speak. Suddenly he feels hot and faint. He pulls his hand to his forehead. Its burning. "Sweetie? What's wrong?.." "I.. I feel..." Everything goes black around him as he hears his mother get up from her chair.