Chapter Four

Stella

I look around the small bathroom for a window or even an air vent would be nice right now. I just need a way to get to the kitchen. A bitch is hungry. I give up my search and release a defeated sigh. I sing 'happy birthday' to myself twice as I wash my hands with the lemon-scented hand soap. This reminds me, I need to get hand soap when I get back home.

I turn the faucet off and dry my hands with a washcloth before opening the door. I make my way across the hall right next to where Damien stood and immediately started complaining. "I'm hungry."

He doesn't bother to take his eyes off his phone, "we'll feed you guys later" he waves me off.

I open my mouth to say something sassy but I get an idea. I glance over at him and see that all of his focus is on his screen. Just as a precaution though I wave my hand in his peripheral, he doesn't flinch. Smirking to myself I slowly start backing away from him. I don't take my eyes off of him until I'm at the end of the hallway. I waste no time in turning around and quietly sprinting to mine and the girl's shared room. After years of sneaking out of the house, I knew how to be silent and quick.

I push open the door and before I could say anything related to my plan I find the girls in a weird position.
Sage was on the ground with her legs sprawled out and Nova sitting on her stomach as she pressed her hands down on the center of Sage's chest. Sage looked like a ferocious lioness just waiting to lunge at her prey.

Shocked I say, "What the actual fuck?" I shut the door before walking further into the room.

"I wanted to know what her real laugh sounded like," Nova says, giving an expression of innocence while her tone said she thought it was a totally normal thing to do.

Sage huffed, an annoyed look crossing her features, "This bitch literally tackled me while screaming like a banshee." Sage paused for a second before thrashing around underneath Nova, "Get off me fat ass!"

Nova flickers her forehead with a scoff and stands up. "So where's Damien? Why'd you come in alone?" Nova asks as she dusts herself off. Sage grumbles and pushes herself off the floor.

Why did I sneak away? Oh shit. "We're gonna go find the kitchen." I almost couldn't contain my excitement for food, I was starving and we haven't even been here a day. Sage and Nova sigh with relief.

"Good I'm hungry" Sage pats her stomach as she speaks.

"We gotta' go now before Damien realizes I'm gone."

The girls nod and we quietly scan the hallway for people.

"Clear" Sage whispers and I turn to give her a 'really bitch' look.

"No shit Sherlock."

Nova sticks her tongue out and I with the same immaturity level stick mine out right back at her.
Before we could start exchanging curse words Sage shoves herself between us.

Annoyed sage huffs out, "Focus idiots."

We all just need some damn food, we get cranky when we don't have food. I force myself to focus like Sage said and I thought back to when I went to the bathroom. Damien and I went right so that means...