Chapter Seventeen

Fun facts!
Ace and Stell both missed each other while Stella was gone but they weren't the only ones.
Sage won't admit it but she missed Damien's hilarious antics.
Novah is more open about her curious liking to Luca but he missed her presence more than she missed him.

Stell

We've been running down this long corridor for what seems like an eternity. Surrounded by nothing but dirty white walls that look like a light shade of yellow. The axe was still in my hands, I clenched my fingers around the handle and grin to myself. I finally have an axe and I didn't have to pay for it!

We finally come to a metal door at the end of the hallway. I eye the multiple long desperate scratches in the door wearily.

Novah sighs and Sage takes a glance at the two of us before tugging her bottom lip in her mouth.

"Be prepared for anything. We don't know what's on the other side of this door." Sage warns, and I watch as she steels herself up.

I clench my hold on the axe even tighter and bring it up, prepared to swing as anything that decides to try me. I take a deep breath and watch as Sage puts the only other key she stole from rock man in the lock. She turns it and we hear the loud "click" of the door unlocking. She hesitates a little before pushing open the door.

Since I had the weapon I walk out first, and my eyes take in every inch of my surroundings. Looking for another rock person, cameras, or a door to escape out of. Instead, I find an empty staircase landing with terrible eerily dark lighting. Must be for intimidation.

"They needa' change their lightbulbs" I mutter, motioning the girls to come out from the hallway. They do so quietly and Sage shuts the metal door and locks it from the outside.

"Okay, so this is just fucking extra. Not even a god damn window!" Sage quietly rages, careful not to be too loud that she draws attention.

I nod my head in agreement before slowly walking over to the stairs. These stairs were made of cement just like the floor and walls of that room. I can see dark stains splattered all over the steps and grimace. That has to be bloodstains.

"Well let's go find a window." I sigh, starting up the stairs. We scurry up the stairs as quickly as we could and reach another door in barely any time. We could thank the fact it was only one flight of stairs we needed to climb or our fantastic jogging skills. I choose the latter.

This door was made out of normal redwood and I take this choice of the door as a sign we've finally reached the main floor of the building we were in. My heart is beating rapidly in my chest and my palms start to sweat as I think about who's waiting for me outside this door.

My stalker, Jenna? And what if she's not the only one? What if Rock man called for reinforcements? What if there was a baseball bat-wielding serial killer behind this door!

Sick of making myself feel sick with all my worries and fears I twist the doorknob and push open the door. I stick my head out of the opening and look left and right plus up and find no one. Just empty space, almost like the calm before a storm.

Gently I push the door open even more and step into the hallway completely. Sage follows after me and Novah step out after her.

We take in the sight of what looks to be a mansion. The hallway seemed to be a back hallway hidden behind a grand staircase. Most likely because we were in a basement where people are most likely tortured. I suppress a shiver at the thought of us being tortured down there.