0.8

"Kitty told me that she lives in a castle." Parker said from the backseat as Michael drove, trying to follow the directions Melissa had texted him.

"Kitty doesn't know what she's talking about." Michael sarcastically responded. He was just having a bad day and everything, including Parker, had seemed to annoy him. Especially Parker.

"She said it was a castle!" Parker argued, kicking the back of Michael's seat, causing him to let out a big groan.

"Parker, knock it off!" Michael yelled, turning the car onto what he hoped was Katie's street.

Michael couldn't figure out why, but he was just in a really shitty mood. Nothing really out of the ordinary had happened to put him in such a bad mood, he just woke up in the morning knowing that it was going to be a bad day. It was most likely because of Melissa, she seemed to give Michael a bad attitude about things.

"Stop yelling at me!" Parker whined.

"Stop kicking me!" Michael whined back.

"You're mean." Parker pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. Michael drove down the street until he found the address that Melissa had texted him (Katie's house was big, but not a castle) and he pulled into the driveway. "Can you just drop me off and leave me with Kitty forever?"

"What?" Michael practically yelled as he unbuckled his seatbelt. He turned around to look at Parker. "Why would you want to stay with Kitty forever?"

"Because she's nice to me." Parker said softly, looking down at his lap.

"Park, buddy, I'm nice to you." Michael sighed, suddenly feeling really bad about being such a dick to Parker once again.

"You've yelled at me all morning." Parker mumbled. He grabbed his stuffed lion from the seat and brought it onto his lap, playing with it so he didn't have to look Michael directly in the eye.

"I'm sorry, Pac-Man." Michael apologized, "I told you that I was in a bad mood."

"Well that's not my fault." Parker shrugged, finally looking back up at his father. Michael felt really bad, because it wasn't Parker's fault, it wasn't really anyone's fault. It wasn't even Melissa's fault.

"I'm sorry, Parker." Michael said quietly, running a hand through his hair.

Parker was silent for a second before he finally smiled again. "It's okay, Daddy."

Parker then unbuckled his car seat by himself and waited for Michael to get out and open the door for him, not seeming to care at all that just a few minutes before Michael had been acting like a total asshole.

"Well that was easy." Michael muttered to himself as he got out of the car and walked over to the backseat, opening the door for Parker.

Parker held his arms out and waited for Michael to pick him up, also holding his backpack out for Michael to take. Michael sighed and pulled Parker into his arms taking the backpack filled with Parker's toys and swimming stuff as well.

"Are you and Melly going to have a playdate too?" Parker giggled as Michael carried him up to the front door. All Michael could think about was how many dirty jokes Calum would have made if I had been there with them.

"Kind of." Michael shrugged.

"Do you like Melly?" Parker asked.

"She's okay." Michael shrugged again. He's already answered this question probably a million times, it seems that Parker thinks Michael is magically going to change his mind about Melissa every few hours.