1.7

"I'm so bad at this." Michael groaned, smacking the side of the cash register with his hand. He'd just helped his third customer of the day and he really wasn't feeling very good about himself, because he'd messed up once again.

"No, you're fine. You just look nervous." Luke laughed. He decided to stop by the store just to see Michael, probably to make fun of him.

"I am nervous." Michael whined. He took a seat on his stool, dropping his head into his hands.

"Well don't be." Luke suggested.

"Thanks." Michael said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Michael, seriously, you're okay." Luke said, laughing again. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his messages, not paying much attention to Michael.

"No, I suck." Michael pouted.

"It's your second day." Luke reminded him, as if he was trying to make Michael feel better. It wasn't really working, because Michael was convinced that he was bad at this job and no one could tell him otherwise.

"And I already suck." He said, continuing to pout. When Michael got upset he turned into a four year old.

"You're doing okay." Luke chuckled, setting his phone back down on the counter. It was constantly lighting up with new messages from Sara, who was freaking out about God knows what.

"Did you not see how I just fucked up with that one guy? I almost charged him for 5 CDs instead of 1." Michael whined. He really just wanted to quit his job, but he knew that he couldn't. He needed the money, he couldn't give up this easily.

"But you caught yourself."

"Still."

"Where's this Matt guy, anyway? Isn't he supposed to give you some sort of training?" Luke asked, looking around the shop. It was pretty empty at the moment, and Matt had disappeared into the back room again, leaving Michael to do everything himself.

"I don't know, he just let's me do whatever I want." Michael shrugged.

"That's stupid." Luke furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not understanding just how Matt worked.

"Kind of." Michael said, scratching the top of his head. "I don't know, I'm sort of afraid to talk to him, he always brings up Melissa."

"Right, didn't he date her as well?" Luke questioned, a small laugh escaping his lips.

"I guess." Michael said, shrugging again. He still hadn't asked Melissa for any details on her relationship with Matt, mostly because he was scared that she'd start to yell at him if he did.

"Speaking of Melissa..."

"Oh God." Michael groaned, interrupting Luke.

"When can I meet her?" Luke asked, finishing his sentence.

"Never." Michael said simply, speaking the truth. He never wanted any of his friends to meet Melissa, because he knew that they would just find some way to fuck things up.

"But why?" Luke asked.

"Because I don't want you to ruin things for me. I really like her and we literally just started dating, I don't want you to do something stupid and mess up our relationship." Michael explained. He took out his own phone and checked the time, letting out a groan because he had to stay here for another hour.

"I would never." Luke gasped, acting a if he was offended.

"When I first started dating Beth you went and showed her all of those pictures from when I was, like, 14..."