2.0

"Here you go." Michael said softly, handing Calum a cup of coffee.

Calum had been staying at Michael's apartment for the last week and a half, because Michael was worried about his friend and Calum didn't even trust himself to be alone. He hadn't explained everything about his situation to Michael yet, but the boys all knew enough to see that Calum really shouldn't be left alone in a state like this.

"Thanks." Calum gave Michael a small smile and took the coffee from him. It was early in the morning, Parker was still asleep, and they were up on the roof of Michael's apartment building. They'd come up there just because both of them were having a hard time sleeping and Michael thought that the roof would be a good idea.

Michael was totally fascinated with watching the sun rise every morning, and he had been since that first time Melissa told him to go watch it. He didn't think that Calum liked it as much, though, because Michael seemed to be enjoying it a lot more than him. He just liked watching the sun rise and see all of the pretty colors in the sky. It was cool.

Michael always ended up thinking about Melissa when he watched the sun rise, even when he tried not to. It almost annoyed Michael, just because it made him realize how much he actually liked Melissa. If he didn't like her he wouldn't think about her all the time, right?

He actually really missed Melissa, even though he saw her every day. It just wasn't the same anymore, she acted so different than she had in the beginning and it really just made Michael sad. He wanted things to go back to normal again (whatever normal was - they'd only been dating for a few weeks), but he wasn't sure how he could possibly make that happen.

He was pretty worried about Calum now, though, and also Parker, and also Melissa, and Michael wasn't quite sure what to do. Parker should've been his main priority, of course, but he had other things to worry about too.

Michael sighed and took his phone out of his pocket, not surprised to see that there were no new texts or calls from anyone. He opened up his messages anyway and started a new one.

Michael: I miss you a lot, call me when you can

"Why are we up here?" Calum asked after a few minutes of silence, interrupting Michael's thoughts.

"It's cool." Michael shrugged, pointing towards the sky.

"Right." Calum nodded.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked Calum, nudging him with his shoulder. Calum had been extremely quiet for the last couple weeks and had done nothing but lay on the couch and follow Michael around.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Calum shrugged.

"Are you - How are you - Will you - " Michael started his sentence over again a few times, because he wasn't sure how to word his question. All he wanted was for Calum to explain to him how he has a kid, because he hadn't mentioned anything more than just that. Michael didn't want to push him, so it was hard for him to find out what he wanted.

"You want me to explain?" Calum chuckled.

"Yeah." Michael nodded, quickly stopping himself again. "Only if you're ready, though. Don't tell me if you don't want to."

"I might as well tell you, right? There's no point in me keeping it a big secret." Calum grumbled. He set his cup of coffee down next to him, not wanting it anymore.

"You don't - "

"Do you remember my old girlfriend?" Calum asked, going ahead and beginning to tell Michael the whole story.

"No." Michael scoffed. He'd known Calum for his whole life and he couldn't remember him ever having a girlfriend. The words Calum and girlfriend were rarely ever used in the same sentence.