1.0

"Parker, sit down." Luke said, trying to get Parker to stop jumping up and down on the couch.

Michael had taken Parker over to Luke's place because they all needed something to do. Parker was also driving Michael crazy again, and he thought that maybe Luke or Sara would be able to distract him. Calum and Ashton had stopped by as well, and Michael hoped that they would be able to entertain Parker too.

"Parker, ow, get off of me." Calum groaned, shoving Parker off of him.

"Aw, Parker, go back to the couch." Ashton said, giving Parker a gentle shove in the direction of the couch, where the three other boys were sitting.

Michael was hardly paying attention to what was going on around him, because he was too busy texting Melissa. It was only the Wednesday after their little visit to Katie's house, but Melissa and Michael had been texting nonstop since then and Michael really wasn't about to quit it now. He liked her, a lot. As just a friend of course.

Michael: you must be google bc you've got everything I'm searching for

Nanny: if you were a fruit you'd be a fineapple

Michael: are your pants space pants? bc your ass is out of this world

They were currently going back and forth sending each other cheesy pickup lines, because somehow their conversation had directed itself towards that and Michael hadn't really cared enough to change subjects. He liked texting Melissa like this, actually, because she had the same sense of humor as him and it was actually fun to text her. Usually Michael found texting boring, and he didn't like to text people as much as he enjoyed actually talking on the phone with them. But something about Melissa was different, and he actually enjoyed this, too.

"Cal, do you have any ice cream?" Parker asked, now standing on the couch next to Calum rather than on him.

"No I don't, bud, this isn't even my house." Calum chuckled lightly, paying more attention to the TV in front of him than Parker.

"Ash, do you have any ice cream?" Parker turned so he was facing Ashton, who had been staring at Parker in awe for the last few minutes. Michael had noticed Ashton doing it earlier, and he figured that it was probably because reality was finally hitting Ashton and he had realized that he was going to have a kid of his own very, very soon.

"I can go get you some." Ashton said quickly, standing up from the chair he was sitting in. Michael could already tell that Ashton was going to be one of those dads that totally spoiled their kid, and got them everything they asked for as soon as they asked for it. Like Michael.

"No, Ashton." Michael said, not even looking up from his phone. Melissa hadn't texted him back yet and he was just staring at the screen. Watching. Waiting. "You don't need to get him ice cream."

"Daddy." Parker whined, pouting as he sat down on the couch again, leaning into Michael's side. Michael didn't even respond to Parker, because Melissa had finally replied to his text.

Nanny: wow you're smooth

Michael: the fineapple one was really cute

"Uncle Lukey, do you have ice cream?" Parker asked, turning away from Michael.

The two of them were on much better terms than they were a few days before, but things were still a little difficult for Michael and Parker. Parker still whined about everything and Michael still gave in too easily, even though he knew that it was very wrong of him to do.

He just didn't really want to stop. Parker was his son, and really all he had, and Michael wanted to give him everything he wanted. He hated saying no to Parker and he hated seeing Parker upset, but he would admit that things were beginning to get a bit out of hand and Parker was beginning to get a bit spoiled.