With Polllardii

Welcome to our next interview for the month: Patricia Ann Pollard (aka Polllardii )

Her story can be found here.

1. How did you start writing?

When my dad died, I wrote a 'piece' about him and his life for the vicar to read out at his funeral. I enjoyed writing it; it was very therapeutic and helped me through the grieving process. I bought myself a Creative Writing book, as I had no idea how to set about writing. I didn't even know that stories had to be written to a certain amount of words. My very first short story was published by a woman's magazine. That was 'Water Under The Bridge' which I wrote shortly after my mother died, three years after my dad.

2. What inspired you to write 'Bed Story.'

I wanted to submit a short story to a woman's magazine. I decided to use Geoff as a character as he figures in a novel (romantic comedy) I am writing. I thought he would be an interesting character to write a story around.

3. Do you have a favourite part of the story, that you would like to share?

I love every part of the story, but I suppose if I had to choose one part it would be where Geoff comes running down the aisle hot, perspiring and late for his wedding. Frances then hands him her father's handkerchief to mop his brow! Things like that are what memories are made of and are very amusing to me.

4. Why did you write about an elderly couple and a bed?

It was inspired by true life events. When we downsized I refused to take our old bed and we bought a new one. The mattress upset my back very badly so I gave it to my son and bought another (he had no problems with it). Having Geoff as a character in my novel and thinking about the bed, just came together naturally somehow. I was looking for an original theme as well, which I thought this was.

5. Do you write other short stories?

Yes, I have three others posted on Wattpad. I have several in the pipeline bu cannot get around to writing them yet as I do lots of child minding for my granddaughter Tilly. She goes to school in September and I intend to write much more then. I also write silly poems, because they make me laugh; although I am
no poet.

6. What do you like best about writing on Wattpad?

I love meeting other writers and reading their work. I especially like reading young writer's work and leaving constructive comments. It is so important that we encourage one another and this is a wonderful place to do just that. It is also nice to get encouragement for my own work too. I have met writers of all ages and all races here on Wattpad and have made some good friends. In fact, I would go so far as to say I have a Wattpad addiction...I must stop it and get writing now!

~~

Thank you, Pat, for sharing your answers. And remember if you want to be a part of our monthly interviews share us your short stories and we can contact you for one!

~~ The Coffee Community *Smiles*

May 2016 Interview