Chapter 38

Chapter thirty-eight

Emily's POV

I gasped.

"Emily, I will always try to make you and my son very happy. Please marry me." He said still on his knee. He had opened a black velvet box, he took out the ring in his hand and smiled at me so beautifully that I literally died.

And his words. They..seem so true, geniune. It made me happy.

"Why are you doing this? You know that I am going to marry you." I said  and watched his happy expression crumpled.

I took the ring from his hand and wore it on my ring finger. The ring was beautiful. A big diamond was placed on it. I wonder if he selected it himself.

He abruptly stood up and took my hand harshly. He then took off the ring from my finger all the while glaring at me.

Wait. Why did he take the ring?

He then again put on the ring on my ring finger and said. "I should be the one to do that."

I sighed. "Well you did."

"You just had to ruin the moment!" He said irritably.

I chuckled. "No need to get salty." He just rolled his eyes.

****

When we entered, we were immediately surrounded by the Clifford family. Daniel's anuts, uncles, cousins and everyone. I got a little nervous when I saw them practically scanning me up and down with their eyes.

Daniel held my hand and smiled at me. "Just relax." He whispered in my ear. I nodded.

I was then engulfed by somone in a hug. Diana. "You look so beautiful emily! I am so happy for you guys." Said diana hugging me tightly.

"Thank you." I replied hugging her back.

Nikolina introduced me to all her family. They were all nice and congratulated us.

"Now we see why daniel was such in a hurry to get married." Said one of his aunts. And I chuckled uncomfortably.

One of daniel's cousins took him to meet someone leaving me with many other people. They were shooting at me so many questions. Like reporters. Literally.

"How did you guys meet?"

"I am surprised that he actually decided to get engaged!"

"What about your family?"

That one stung a little to be honest. I wish my parents were here with me on this day. It had been so long since they left the world. I miss them so much.

Everyone was mostly asking about my family and where I was from. These were the hard questions for me. Really. I wish daniel was right here with me.

"We didn't even know daniel had a son!" Some of them even said that when they got to meet brandon. But it was expected obviously.

It was a shock to everyone.

"Can I please steal emily for a moment?" Said diana taking me away from everyone.

I breathed out relieved. "Thank god! You took me here. I would have literally died from all there questions." I said.

She laughed. "Yeah. They can be a little nosy. I could see how uncomfortable you were."

"Apparently they could not." I said shaking my head.

I looked around in search of daniel. Where did he go? But then I hear diana laugh. "Looking for someone?" She said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.