Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! :D

I woke up in someone's arms.

Daniel.

I looked towards the windows and saw that the sun was getting out. Must be around five or something.

I quitely unlocked his arms from my waist being careful to not wake him up. I gazed at his face. His hair was messy. His mouth was slightly open. His chest moving up and down calmly.

He looked beautiful.

Without wasting any more of my time on watching him. I got out of the bed and went to washroom. After I was donw with it. I went to my walk in closet to change out of the clothes I was wearing and stopped when I saw my yesterday's dress lying on the floor.

I gulped. Yesterday's events came crashing back to me hitting me like a truck. I shut my eyes tightly. I want to forget it. I really do.

Without even changing I got out of the room and went down to the kitchen and sat on the table. There wasn't much light in the kitchen and I liked it that way.

I sat on the stool and folded my arms in the table in front of me and rested my head on them. I abruptly stood up from the stool and walked to switch on the light.

The darkness was scaring me.

I tried to divert my mind and made myself a cupof coffee. I placed the steaming cup of it in front of me and sighed. I looked out the kitchen window and I could see the the greenary of the garden. Because of the wind they were moving.

It seemed very peaceful. I wanted to go out but continued to sit on sitting. I sipped on the hot coffee. But pushed it. I didn't like it. I didn't feel like drinking it.

After a few minutes I heard the steps of a person walking down the stairs.

Daniel.

He came to the kitchen seeing the lights on. Why is he awake so early?

"You are up." He said softly. I nodded.

Sensing that I wasn't in the mood to talk. He sat in front of me quietly. I wanted to ask him why he was up early but didn't. Not knowing the reason why.

After a few minutes of sitting comfortable silence. He talked. "Are you not going to drink it?" He asked motioning towards the coffee. I shook my head.

He picked it up and started sipping from it.

Okay..

"So. What do you want to do today?" He asked. I could see that he was struggling to make small talk.

"Uh-nothing?" I said which came more like a question.

Suddenly my thoughts drifted towards brandon. He must be sleeping. Or not. I hope he doesn't worry blake and diana. He can be a little grumpy at times. And not seeing me with him will surely freak him out.

"Are you alright?" Daniel's voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"Yeah........I guess." I answered.

"I am so sorry for the yesterday's events. I-I wish I could have reached on time. I wish I was with you at that time. I shouldn't have leave you alone." He said as he hung his head down.

My gaze softened. I put my hand over his and squeezed it. "It's not your fault. It-whatever happened..I don't want to think about it. And I certainly know that none of this was your fault. I-I don't know what would have happened if you and your friend had not reached on time." My voice cracked as tears appeared in my eyes.