THIRTEEN

Latter the same day,11:32pm.

*****

The frigid wind that blew into the room hit Maryam's fair skin harshly. She blew out a shaky breath and walked sluggishly to the window, releasing the curtains which did a fair job in reducing the freezing wind.

It is unusually cold tonight. She thought to her self as she walked back to her bed rather sluggishly again. She laid back quietly, listening to her harsh heartbeats .

She'd spent all the day planning on how to escape. It wasn't much of a plan though, and it's about to be put in action.

Her stomach tangled in knots as she thought it's time she stands up for her rights. It's time she fights for it. It's time she-hopefully wins it.

'I'll miss you Inna '. She whispered wiping the tears that escaped her eyes. She'd always told her to have courage, and she's sure she'll be proud of her for this... she'll be.

She placed her hand on the handle and pushed it down. She opened the door making sure it doesn't make any sound, which hopefully didn't. She didn't bother closing it back completely, then tiptoed outside as quietly as she could.

She didn't fail to notice that the moon wasn't so bright too, making it hard for her to see few metres ahead.

She halted at the doorstep, looking wide-eyed at the two figures coming her direction. She couldn't see their faces but she could make out one is wearing a red shirt whilst the other wore white.

'Where you dey go?'. The red t-shirt'd guy asked when they stopped right in front of her. It was Yaya Sule.

'Um-I-I w-was just checking if the moon is still up there '. She stated nervously.

' Oh are you?, so what do you think?'. She other person beside Yaya sule asked, amusement was evident in his voice. She also didn't miss how his English came out fluent and polished.

' It's um yeah, bright and still up there '. She replied foolishly hoping the ground would just open up and swallow her.

The two of them shared a look and went into fits of laughter. The fact that they were laughing at her like she's dancing without tune made her twice as embarrassed.

Not anyone would think straight when he collides with two someones in the middle of the night and that too especially when you are trying to carry out a rather life changing plan. Meeting them is already a slap on it, a very huge one.

Anger rose within her. How dare he laughs at her. After all he did to her, he still got to go on with his perfect life leaving her drowning in darkness. She felt angry for letting them all treat her like this all these years. She felt angry for not fighting back.

'You !'. She poked him on the shoulders with both hands ,he stumbled backwards at the impact taken offguard.

Have!'. hit!

'No!'. hit!

'Absolutely !'. hit!

'No!' hit!

' Right!'. hit!

'To !'. hit!

'Laugh!'. hit!

'At! '. hit!

'Me! ' hit!

'After!'. hit!

'What!'. hit!

'You!'. hit!

'Did!'. hit!