THIRTY-FIVE

Assalamu Alaikum! All I want to say is you're not ready for this chapter!

And the comments are getting low. What's going on guys?😩

*****

It is safe to say Sufyan is now obsessed with Maryam's brownies. After tasting them during dinner, he had the rest packaged for him and he took them along when he was going. The next day, when he visited, he came with the last piece in his hand and munched it just as he came through the door.

According to him, they were the best brownies he had ever tasted. They were soft and fluffy like his brand new mattress, sweet like honey, brown like chocolate- which is obvious, and sweeter than honey. Yes, he had mentioned that twice.

Sufyan made Maryam bake him another one. When he ate it all again, he invited his friends over the house to hang out and requested 'deserts' to be added to their launch. Maryam had baked an enormous one for them, yet Sufyan made her package half of it for him to take home. She heared him bragging about her brownies all through their launch with his friends.

*****

Early on a Saturday morning, Sufyan drove through the gate. Maryam was descending the stairs when he salaamed and walked in. He had on his joggers which states he had just gotten back from his morning runs. Maryam glanced once at her navy blue maxi dress with large open sleeves. She might be a little over-dressed for a weekend day spent at home but she didn't mind.

"Miriam! Just the person I'm looking for!" Sufyan exclaimed as he sighted her. His energetic smile making her eyebrows quirk. What is making this one so happy in the morning? She thought as she descended the last steps of the stairs. Sufyan had already walked across the large living room and was right infront of her.

"What do you think?" His hands, which Maryam hadn't notice were safely tucked behind his back all this while unravelled themselves. Between each of his palms, were little rectangular papers. Maryam's brows rose questionably, a lazy smile gracing her lips. When Sufyan made no move to explain to her, she asked.

"What are these?"

Sufyan handed them to her. "See for yourself."

Maryam observed them, they were both stickers. The first one was blue with 'Maryam's special brownies' written on it in pink, and a few other informations a vendor will put in his card. Address, telephone number and the likes. The second one was a replica of the first one, but in brown and white. Maryam cast him an amused smile and continued to the kitchen, wordlessly. Sufyan trailed behind her.

"What? You don't like it? We can change the colours if that's the problem." He sat on top of the counter. Maryam lit the oven, brought out a pan and drizzled some oil on it. With a soft sigh, she shook her head.

"They're beautiful. It's just that... I don't think I'm ready just yet." It was a lie. The truth is, she didn't think people will like them. Perhaps, Sufyan was hyping them a little too much. She was afraid of the criticism she'll receive from people once she gives out her recipe. As much as Sufyan seemed to love it, others might not.

"Are we really doing the pep talk right now?" He sighed, throwing himself onto the floor.

"Listen Miriam." Sufyan looked at her in a way that dominated attention. "I'm sure you already know this but I'll say it anyways. In this life, you don't wait for time. Thinking you're not ready shouldn't stop you from trying. Time doesn't wait, take chances, when it doesn't work out, you learn and try again. Okay?" Maryam was about to nod when he added playfully.