Can I Be Him

"You kissed him?!" Matilda screams, I put my finger to my mouth to hush her. "Shhh don't scream it to the world."

"Oh my god Kit this is amazing! Who else knows?" She asks, twisting her hair into a bun she gets to come back to dance today.

"You and my mum, I don't want to tell the girls just yet." I say, she raises her eyebrow "you know I can't keep this a secret." She whines, she comes and sits down next to me on  my bed.

   "But you have to. Because before everyone else finds out I have to tell Tom."

~later after dance practice ~

Dad and I drive home from dance, listening to the radio. "What are we having for dinner?"

"Not sure love, pasta of some sort I think." Responds dad, my dad is a pretty talkative person so it's weird for me when he's quiet. As we pull into the drive way, I see him smile.

"Dad what's going on? Why are you being so quite?" He doesn't answer, he pulls the keys out of the ignition. I huff and walk to the house with my bag gripped tightly in my fist. I open the door, and see mum making pasta, Patty setting the table and Sam, Harry and Tom are siting on the couch

Sam, Harry and Tom are sitting on the couch! I drop my bag and do a double take, I look at mum and dad who are smiling and back to the boys who are standing up now. "OH My god your home!" I squeal throwing myself into their arms. Everyone laughs and we all do one big family group hug.

   Dinner for the last month has been lonely, but tonight it feels full. Everyone in there normal spots laughing and talking. Stories and jokes float around the room and I savour every single moment. It's perfect, just like I remember it. As dinner comes to an end and I'm helping wash the dinner plates with Sam Tom taps me on the shoulder.

   "Let's go for a drive." I look to Sam and hand him the dish rag. Tom and I climb into the car, him in the drivers seat, me in the passengers. We drive downtown, and then through the quieter streets making our way out of town to the top of the hill that looks over the city. When we climb out of the car we sit on the edge of the hill, looking down at the city.

   "How was your trip to Galway?" Tom asks I smile and tell him about Peter. All the small details, his lips, his hair the way he laughs. Tom watches me intently the whole time, I finish and tie two pieces of grass together. "Anything else?" I shake my head, "did he kiss you?" My cheeks go hot and I look down at my lap.

I shouldn't be ashamed. Tom is my brother and Peter is the boy I like. I'm happy that I kissed Peter, I don't care what Tom thinks. "Yeah we kissed." I blush again, proudly. Tom sighs and hangs his legs over the edge of the grassy hill.

"I don't regret it Tom. It was perfect and I know you think you get it but you don't." Tom goes to speak but I cut him off "your are not a 14 year old girl with 4 brothers and the one is a famous Hollywood actor. Tom I know you want to protect me, I know that all of you do but I need to be able to make my own decisions and not feel guilty about them."

I glance over and Tom and smile, he's making the face that Tessa does when we scold her. "I love talking to you, we talk about everything and I love that." I rave lacing my fingers together and putting them over my heart. "But sometimes things happen, girl things and I need to talk about it with girls like mum and Matilda."

Tom smiles to himself and responds "I understand, how is Matilda doing anyway?"

"She's better, she's had her first class back at dance today and she did alright. It'll be awhile before she can flip and tumble again."

   "That's good, oh hey guess what." Tom reaches into his pocket and pulls out a roll of Jaffa cakes.

   "No way! I haven't had one of these in forever!" I take one from tops and nibble on it, "probably because of the ridiculous diet your on and your lack of ability to consume dairy."

Oh right. I pull the small chocolate covered biscuit away, I hold it in my hands and look over the city. Tom and I sit there in comfortable after a while Tom clears his throat and says.

   "So the premier for my movie is in a couple of weeks. Would you like to be my date?" He asks with a smile, I smile back twice as wide "I would love to!"

   Tom wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean my head against his side. I memorize smell, his shirt smells like trees and there is just a hint of his man perfume, "I missed you Tom."

   "I missed you too Kit."

A/N
    Sorry for the lack of chapters I'm going through some seriously intense writers block.

   Vote comment and rock on my beauties!

  Xx