In My Blood

"Give it back Kit!" Sam whines, chasing me down the hallway. I spin on my foot, and hold his phone above my head.
   "Okay But first," Sam groans "who's the girl?"

   "No one Kit, just a girl who's helping me with homework. Now give me back my phone!" I pout and hand Sam back his phone. I turn down the hall way and walk back into the kitchen where mum and dad, are dancing to and old song. I lean against the doorframe and watch them, they are dorks but the sweetest parents ever. I watch dad kiss mom on the tip of her nose. The blush that spreads across mums face is bright pink, but she's still beautiful.

   I walk down the hall, and up the stairs into my bedroom. I pick up my phone and face time Peter. The phone rings, and rings, and rings, finally he answers.

"Kit!" He greets, his cheeks and forehead red, "how have you been?"
"Good! You look a little pink, what were you doing?" He runs his hand through his hair,
   "Horses got through the fence, I chased them all the way to the creek."

   Peter and I talked for a while, and then he went to shower. I lay on my bed, looking up at the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, the fairy lights cris crossed to look like the night sky. I'm push myself up off my bed, my head a little foggy. I wander down the hall to Tom's bedroom, I knock on the closed door.

"It's open," Tom puffs. I slide the door open and Tom is doing pull ups, on the little metal bar that's across his closet door. "What's up Kit?" Tom asks,

I shrug "just bored I guess." My head feels light. "You're missing a shirt." Tom drops off his bar, and looks at me.
"Are you feeling alright Kit? You look pale." He walks over to me and puts his hand on my arm, his touch feels foreign.
"Yeah just a-" my vision goes side ways and grey. My knees turn to sand and wash away from underneath me. "I'm going to faint."

   "Mom! Dad! Get in here!" This is what I wake up to, I open my eyes and my head is in Toms lap. He's looking down at me, with concerned eyes. "Kit are you okay?"

   "I think so? Wha- did I faint again?" Tom nods, Tom helps me sit up slowly and leans my against his bedroom wall. Mom and dad appear in the bedroom, they ask Tom a ton of questions.

   "I'm making an appointment with the doctor. This isn't normal." Mom leaves the room with dad at her heel. "Here let me help you stand." Tom takes both my hands and his, and pulls me up towards him. We sit down on the edge of his bed, in comfortable silence.

   "Are you excited?" I ask, "to start your press tour?" Tom nods, picking a shirt up off the floor and slipping it over his head.

   "The twins are too, we will be gone for a month but then we will be back."
   "Then I get to come and spend the summer you, in LA!" I smile, Tom gives me a side hug and a kiss on the cheek.
   "Yes, do you want help walking back to your room or can you make it?"
   "If you don't mind."

   Tom walk me back to me bedroom, and says goodnight at the door. I slip on a sleep T-shirt and crawl into bed.

•••

   The next morning, as I'm getting ready for school. Mom appears in my bedroom door, "no school this morning Kit. I made a doctors appointment for you." I stop packing my dance bag, and just my school one instead. I put on my uniform, and put my hair in a bun. We have breakfast together as a family, and then everyone goes their separate ways.

On the way to the doctors office, mum's particularly talkative. Which is weird for her she's more quite and reserved.

"Mum I love you-" I say cutting her rant about work off "but you're being weird today, is everything alright?"
Mum sighs and nods, changing lanes she answers "just worried is all Kit. With everything that been happening with Matilda. I don't want you to get sick, too."

I reach and grab mums and, "I'm not going to get sick. I will be fine."

A while later, a nurse is taking a blood sample. While I squeeze mums hand, I am not a fan of needles.
"The results will take about a week or so to come in." The nurse bandages my arm, and puts the blood sample in a little baggie.
"Thank you very much. Come on Kit, let's get you back to school."

A/N
First I'm going to apologize. I know I haven't posted in five months, there was some personal stuff that was happening which made it harder for me to keep writing. And I'm also sorry for making this chapter crap, but I've been doing some thinking about the future of this book. So hopefully it will al come together soon.

   I was also thinking, maybe I need to spice the book up. How would I do that? By maybe, having one of you amazing people make me a new book cover. If you're interested PM me!

All my love,
Vote, comment and rock on!