It Won't Kill Ya

"Katie Maria Holland, what did you do to your hair." Tom asks reaching out to touch it, he looks like a deer in the headlights. Stunned and scared, not sure what love to make next.

I double over in laughter, worried I'm going to begin crying. Tom looks confused, but still stunned. I pull the wig off to reveal, my naturally brown hair. Tom sighs with relief,

   "But I'm going to ask mum about permanently dying it that colour." Tom nods relieved. "Aww don't you look all cute in you spider man onesie," I tease sticking my tongue out.

"Shut up you loser, I'm almost done then we can head home."

"Can I sit and watch you?" I ask, Tom smiles and let's me sit in the chair with his name on it. I didn't understand what they were filming, it was just Tom being swung around by wires. When filming rapped up, it was late. I went right to bed once we got back to Toms flat. Thinking about it, I didn't actually have dinner.

One of the side effects of Hypoglycaemia is, if you don't eat you have a higher chance of fainting. But it's no big deal, I'll just have a bigger breakfast tomorrow, I told myself as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, promptly at 5:45, I was dressed and quietly headed down stairs for my morning run. When I step out front of Toms flat the sun feels warmer than normal today, as I start down my normal path. I can feel the sweat begin to build on my forehead.

Did I eat something? I can't remember. The sun beats down harder, but I am determined to finish this run. But I can't, those little black swirls fill my eyes, and my head feels heavy and begins to spin. I stumble over to a wall and place my hand on it. It's touch feels foreign, and then the world falls dark.

•••

Do you know that feeling, where your asleep but still aware of your souroundings. It's my least favourite feeling in the world, and it's what I'm feeling right now.

I don't recognize the sounds I'm hearing, beeping. What would Tom have in his flat that beeps? Tom doesn't have anything that beeps. Where am I?

Forcing my eyes open, harsh lights greet me. But only from one eye, and it's fuzzy, why can't I see from my second eye? I try not to panic but it's hard, I don't recognize where I am and I can't see out of one eye. My head pounds with each movement, so it takes me a while to lift my hand. It hurts, so bad. It just want Tom.

I'm scared, I don't recognize anything. How do I get-

"I'm looking for my sister!" I hear a voice say, it's sounds far away. It's Tom!

"Thom-" why are my words weird, I can't articulate my sounds. I start to sit up, but it's hard. That's when Tom rushes into the room.

"Katie! Oh my god, Katie." Tom rushes to help me sit up. "Here, let's take this off." That's why I couldn't speak properly, there was an oxygen mask on my face. Tom helps me take it off, then holds it in his hand.

"What happened, I don't don't know where I am. Why can't I see? Where were you? Tom." I lean into his chest, he wraps his strong arms around me and holds me close.

"Did you eat anything before you went running this morning?" Tom asks me,

"I was going to, after my run. What happened?" I pressed, Tom helps me sit back.

"You fainted, again. Someone called an ambulance and they brought you here. Apparently when you fainted you got a cut near your eye. You can't see, because there's gauze covering the stitches."

"Oh," I whisper, Tom looks to the wall and runs a hand through his hair.

"Kit, you need to eat. What happened today was not okay, I can't wake up and you not be there." He says, my lip quivers and a few stray tears fall.

"I'm sorry Tom, I didn't mean to faint." I hang my head, and Tom sighs.

   "I know Kit, but we have to make sure your taking care of your body, ya?"

   "Yes."

   "Good. Here put this back on," I lean forward and let Tom slide the oxygen mask back on my face. "The lady at the desk, said the doctor would be by soon, sleep till then"  Tom takes my hand in his, and he stays with me until I'm asleep.

A/N

Hi friends, I am in need of a brand new book cover, for my unpublished story. Pm me for more details, that's all.

With all my love,

Xxoo