Chapter 4

“Hopefully you didn’t have to wait long for me. There was an oil spill off the coast of Japan” He said landing on his feet now.

                  “No not at all, I almost forgot about our little date” I said clearing my throat. There was a pause of silence for a couple seconds when he started to stride towards me.

                  “Lois, will you come with me?” He said, stretching out one arm. I had to resist the urge of wanting to jump into his arms and never let me go. I decided to play it casual. I checked my watch, making it seem like I am busy later.

                  “Well I need to be back to get Jason” I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.

                  “I promise to get you back in time” He said, his body so close to mine I could feel the heat radiating off of him. I slid off my heels and stepped on his boots with my now bare feet. He placed his hands at the small of my back, supporting my body.

                  “So what are you showing me exactly?” I said feeling the wind start to pick up as small hairs on my head started to fly around my face.

                  “I can’t remember the last time I took you up in the air” He said looking up. The thing is, I remember. I remember it all. Him showing me his palace in the artic, him turning human, making love. I remember it all too well.

                  “You didn’t answer my question”. I didn’t want the conversation to stop between us. He looked down at me with his piercing blue eyes.

                  “I want to show you the world”. I decided to take a quick peek from the side of his body. I clutched my hands onto his arms, bracing myself. I quickly recoil back to my position.

                  “Whoa we are high up” I said, trying not to have a shaky voice.

                  “Don’t worry I got you, trust me Lois”. I did trust him, but I grasped on even tighter. He grabbed my waist by one hand and shifted my body to his side. I closed my eyes, scared that I would see myself plummeting to my death.

                  “Lois, open your eyes”. I could feel the wind stop whirling around my head. I slowly opened one eye, and then the other. Both of my arms grabbed onto his shoulder. We were facing the beautiful city lights.

                  “Alright Lois I’m going to need you to wrap your arms around my neck” He said pulling me close to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck, closing my eyes as I buried my head in his chest. 

                  “Now we’re going to be travelling pretty fast” He said in my ear. I nodded my head and braced myself. All of a sudden I felt the wind start to whirl around my head again. It felt so comfortable to be around him again, to feel save.

                  “Alright we’ve landed now Lois” He said into my ear. “And you don’t have to straddle me anymore”. I looked up from his shoulder and noticed my position around him. I felt my cheeks start to flush as I bring down my legs from his waist. I brushed out my skirt and cleared my voice. It was still dark out, but it looked like the sun was starting to awake on the horizon.

                  “Where are we?”  There were no lights on, so it was hard to see as I started to walk forward. I bumped my leg into what seemed like a table.