Chapter 5

As we gracefully touched down on the roof top of The Dailey Planet, a feeling of longing started to well up inside of me; I didn’t want him to go. I stepped off of his boots but still held onto his arms.

                  “Would you like to do this again sometime?” He said with his hands still on my waist.

                  “Yeah I think it would be great” I said trying to act cool and collective. As he let go of my waist I felt a chill start to circle me, I instantly followed by releasing his arms.

                  “Maybe next time we can have a bite to eat at my place” I said playing with my fingers and my head down. He didn’t answer for a couple seconds, which gave me the feeling he didn’t want to.

                  “Never mind, I understand that you’re busy all the time—“

                  “I would love that”. I looked up to see if he was joking, but he just smiled at me.

                  “Alright well, shouldn’t keep you here any longer” I said awkwardly slipping my heels back on.

                  “Good night, Lois” He flew off into the night sky, taking my heart with him.

                  “Oh Lois you’re still around?” Jimmy said as I sat back down in my chair.

                  “Yeah, just needed to check out something for my article”, I quickly made up an excuse before he would start getting suspicious.

                  “See you guys in the morning” Clark said while walking out with his brief case. I gave him a quick wave and he headed down the aisle towards the elevator.

                  “Yeah I think I’ll follow Clark out, I need to pick up Jason anyway”, I started to randomly pack papers in my shoulder bag when Jimmy sat down in my chair.

                  “Have you been alright Lois? You seem kind of spaced out lately. Richard told me you basically ignored him about your little date, I thought you were into him?”

                  “Oh so now you’re an expert on me?” I gave him a joking smile and grabbed my coat. “Night Jimmy!” I yelled as I started to walk towards the elevator.

                  I exited the building from the revolving doors, wrapping my arms around my body shielding me from the cold. I quickly checked my watch and realised I was a bit late picking up Jason. I whipped out my phone from my coat pocket and dialed Amy’s number. It rang multiple times but she didn’t pick up. As I turned the corner a set of headlights blinded me. I stopped dead in my tracks and put my hands in front of my eyes to cover the blinding light.

                  “Are you Lois Lane?”. It sounded like a man’s voice through a megaphone.  I squinted my eyes to see if I could get a better look at who was talking.

                  “That depends whose asking”, my eyes were trying to adjust to the bright light, but I could only make out fuzzy images. As someone stood in front of the source of the light I could finally see my surroundings.

                  “Grab her” I heard the deep voice say. Before I had time to react I felt arms all around my body. I swung my fist around trying to make contact with anything, but I didn’t have time before someone clamped their hand on my mouth. A strong smell of chemicals and bleach filled my nose before I started to feel sleepy, falling into a dream.

                  “Alright Lois it’s time to wake up, Superman should be here soon enough”. There was that familiar voice again. I slowly opened my eyes, my vision a bit blurred. I blinked a couple of times, finally getting a clear focus of what looks like the floor. I felt my cheek cold against a marble floor. What was I doing lying down? I pushed my body off the floor, my head feeling groggy. A skinny man with a black trench coat had his back to me. I looked around, there were maybe 10 big burly men just standing on the side of the walls, staring at me. I looked down at my body realising that I was only wearing a bikini with a see through shirt and my hands cuffed together. What kind of sick man was he? I pushed myself off the ground again, in a standing position.

                  “What do you want with me?” I said getting light headed now. Black spots were appearing in my vision. The man turned around and the first thing that caught my eye was a thin white scar that reached from his eye, over his pink lips and down his chin.

                  “I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself. Hello my name is Dr. Devlin Malice, but my friends call me Dev for short” He said with a wide grin, showing off his yellow jagged teeth. He reached out his hand but I just stood there and starred at him with disgust.

                  “Ahh I see, little bit rude are we now” He said recoiling his hand back and walking towards a grand throne at the back of the room. Personally, having a throne is a bit full of yourself. He made a quick wave with his hand and all of a sudden a man with spiky hair had me in his grasp. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I tried punching and wriggling my body free but it was no use compared to his muscular body. He threw me down on what felt like a giant cloud. The same big man shoved a plate full of fruits in my hands before he walked away.

                  “Feed me” Devlin said with his eyes closed and his mouth gapped open. I got up from the massive bean bag chair and threw the plate on the ground, shattering it into pieces and the fruit juice everywhere.

                  “How dare you, I am not a servant!” I yelled at the top of my voice while pointing my finger at him. I turned my back from him and started to stomp my feet, but only got away with a couple steps as another man, this time shorter, grabbed my shoulder and spun me.

                  “Let go!” I said kicking him in the groin. He immediately fell to the ground, clutching his man hood. I made a break for the giant door at the other end of the room when the ground beneath me shook. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at Malice. He sat with his leg crossed over the other, his hands intertwined.

                  “I wouldn’t go through those doors if I were you Ms. Lane” He said with sarcasm. I had to resist the urge of wanting to punch his ugly face into the wall.

                  “I have three bears behind that door in a cage, I am willing to release them” He said now pulling out a trigger from his pocket. I could feel my heart rate pick up, this guy is serious. I stood up straight and held my head high, walking back towards the big fluffy pillow.

                  “That’s a girl” He said with a cooing voice. I clenched my fist tighter, my knuckles turning white. As I sat down, my body sank into the cushion, annoying me even more.

                  “Since you rudely threw away my snack, I’m going to need more food” He said combing his hair back. I crossed my arms across my chest and turned the other way.

                  “Oh and you’re going to like this surprise”. His words caught my attention and I pushed myself up from the cushion to give myself a good view.  A little brown door opened up from the right side of the room. I clamped my hand on my mouth, holding back tears at this sight.

                  “Now you will obey me”.