Chapter 6

“How could you bring my family into this” I said through my teeth and clenching my fist.

                  “Well now you’ll do what I say won’t you?” He reached over and placed a hand under my chin, I flinched away immediately. I looked over at Jason; he had on a brown ratty jumpsuit carrying a plate of sandwiches on a metal tray. He slowly started to walk towards us. As he got closer I saw his red puffy eyes, swollen from crying.

                  “Mommy what’s going on?” He said stopping in front of me.

                  “Don’t worry Jason everything will be alright” I reassured him.

                  “Hurry up over here son” The doctor said impatiently. Jason walked over to his right side, placing the tray on the arm rest. The doctor took a bite out of the sandwich and spat it out instantly.

                  “Bring this back to the chef, tell him no mustard this time” He said throwing the left over sandwich.

                   Unexpectedly, multiple growls erupted from behind the large doors. I looked over at the Doctors face; he as well was confused as me. A giant thud banged against the door and more growls. Suddenly the massive brown doors burst open, a giant bear flew through the air landing on the floor right in front of the doctor. I looked up from the bear to see Superman standing holding a bear over his shoulder. Jason threw the platter down and jumped into my arms, clutching my body with his little arms.

                  “I believe you have something of mine”. He slid the bear off his shoulder and started to take strides towards us. Men starting flying at him, but superman dodged and retaliated back. As he got closer, he left a trail of unconscious men behind him. I looked over at the Doctor, fear spread across his face.

                  “Y-you’ve finally arrived” I could see the sweat droplets forming on the side of his face. He adjusted his shirt around his neck and stood up from his chair. Superman stood right in front of him, staring down as the Doctor was a head shorter.

                  “My name is Doctor Devlin Malice” He said sticking his hand out for a shake. Superman crossed his arms and stood there glaring.

                  “Manners now a days…” Devlin said as he sat back down on the chair. His face looked more relax now than before.

                  “Well lucky enough I’ve read articles about you; your strengths and your weaknesses…” He said lingering on the words. Devlin grabbed a small remote with only two buttons on it. He pressed the green button and a little girl appeared from the same doors Jason came through. As she walked forward the light exposed her giant bruise around her eye. Her small hands with covered with dirt and holding a small box.

                  “Mommy I know her. She’s nice. It’s scary back there” Jason whispered in my ear. I felt guilt for her as she looked maybe ten years old. She placed the box in his hand and stood by his side. She tilted her head our way and gave a reassuring smile at Jason, but I knew she felt pain.

                  “This sir, is my magnificent creation, but we are forgetting something” He clicked the blue button on the remote, and the floor beneath superman began to depart, as a chain like fence appeared around his body.

                  “Are you an idiot? Superman will just break through” I said standing now. A chuckle escaped from Devlin’s mouth.

                  “Not if the bars are made out of kryptonite and giant radioactive pieces from your home world are at the bottom of this pit” He said smirking at me. I jumped up from my cushion, leaving Jason and ran towards the cage. I gripped my fingers on the cage, knowing kryptonite couldn’t hurt me.

                  “Lois, get away from this man” He said as he placed his hand on the cage. I placed mine on the same spot, feeling his hand wet with blood.

                  “One last thing before you go” He opened the small box and held a syringe in the light, the green liquid sparkling.

                  “I’ve melted this element just for you. Now hold still while I kill you slowly” Before he opened the cage, I grabbed his hand, prying him away from Superman. All of a sudden I felt his fist connect with my cheek, and my body flung to the ground.

                  “Now that this bitch is gone, let’s get back to it”. I placed my head on the floor, feeling dizzy. Tears were starting to form in my eyes as I watched Superman start to lower himself down into the pit. I looked towards the cushion, but it was empty. I looked back to the doctor as Jason was behind him.

                  “How dare you hurt my mommy!” He screamed, tears falling down his cheek.

                  “Here’s a tip kid, if you want to live, beat it” He went back to opening the cage and pulling on Superman’s arm. Jason gripped onto the doctors leg, pulling him out from the cage.  

                  “You’re not allowed to hurt Superman either!” Jason lifted the man off the ground, spun him around and released him, crashing against the far wall. His body fell and landed in a pile. Now was our chance to leave. I got up and ran towards the cage, Jason helping me drag him out. I placed his head on my lap and brushed his face with my hands. His bright blue eyes opened and he smiled up at me.

                  “I’m so glad you’re safe Lois” He said sitting up now. He looked over at Jason and looked back at me.

                  “I know I have some explaining to do” I said picking up Jason and holding him in my arms.

                  “Mommy the doctors coming back”. I looked back at the body on the floor, slowly moving his arms. Superman wrapped an arm around my waist, and with the last bit of strength in his system, he busted through the roof and out into night. I recognized the tall buildings and the water nearby.

                  “Well it seems we weren’t far from home” I said holding Jason.

We landed on my porch to my bedroom. I placed Jason down and opened my bedroom door.

                  “Are you alright? That massive amount of kryptonite couldn’t have been good for you” I said placing a hand on his arm, his face still pale.

                  “I should be fine. If only the sun was out…” Before he finished his words, his eye lids started to droop. I grabbed onto his body before he collapsed to the floor.

                  “Jason do you think you could help mommy by bringing superman to our spare bedroom?” I said still holding onto his body. Jason nodded his head and picked him up from underneath. Never before has Jason shown any kind of link to Superman, only his looks. But now, it was obvious that Superman was his long lost father. Jason placed him on the bed and slumped down.

                  “I’m tired mommy” He said closing his eyes. I picked him up, his body feeling like dead weight. I carried him to his room and tucked him in the bed.

                  “My strong little superboy” I whispered. I kissed him on the head and closed his door. I walked back into the spare bedroom and stared at his peaceful face. I kneeled down next to the bed and placed my hand in his.

                  “I’m so happy you’re okay”. I got up and placed a kiss on his lips before leaving his room.

                  I truly love him