One

"Skylor, I'm perfectly fine with living in the middle of the woods," I sighed, sliding down onto the couch as she was going off on me about how in the horror movies and books, it's always the person alone that gets killed. "I've lived in the woods my entire life, so twenty three long years of forest surrounding me. I think I can handle a long time to come. Besides, it's not like in the movies or books, I actually have a security system in place and I have a couple of neighbors not even a five minute walk down the road."

"But what if something does happen, Heather?" she argued, trying to convince me to stay with her and her boyfriend. I just shook my head.

"I have you and 9-1-1 on speed dial," I reassured her, giving her a smile. "Now, do you wanna come see the house I just got?" I got a sigh before I got a large smile from her. She gave a quick shout to her boyfriend that we're leaving before I loaded up one final box into her car. She complains about me having a motorcycle and a volts wagon, but I know that she loves the fact I have both.

As the thirty minute drive to my new house ended, I hopped off the motorcycle and punched in the code for the garage door to open before pulling the black bike up beside the blue volts wagon. I had gotten a house with a double garage so Skylor was also able to pull her car up beside mine. Ah, the joys of having tiny vehicles. I closed the garage before opening the door into the house and flipping the lights on. It was a nice, cozy, two story house.

From the outside, the paneling was a dull white with a dark blue roof and there was at least one window per room, along with a nice mahogany double door as the front door. The garage sat nestled up beside the right side of the house which had a door that opened up into the living room. The living room was beautiful, as it was spacious and had dark blue wood flooring, a couple of woven white rugs, a white sofa and chairs around a mounted TV opposite of the front door. The paint was also a nice creamy-yellow that made the room pop.

To the right of the living room was the kitchen. The flooring changed from a dark blue to a nice tan hardwood, a nice oak bar stood as a barrier that separated the two. In the kitchen, the walls were a light grey that went nicely with the black fridge, stove, and oak cabinets and counters with windows right behind them. Right behind the bar was a glass sliding door that opened into a large backyard that was fenced off with a five-foot tall chain link fence.

To the left side of the living room was a large stairwell that led to an upper floor. Though, there was a door on the wall that opened up into a bathroom with a closet inside for all of my towels and things as well as another door that led to the laundry room. Once going upstairs, the halls were lined with three doors. One on the left side, that was the main bedroom with an adjoining bathroom, and on the right side, two bedrooms with a bathroom in the middle of them. The creamy-yellow paint and dark blue wood flooring was the same and the doors were still mahogany.

The main bedroom was fairly large, it had a king-sized bed opposite the door with a window right behind it with a nightstand to the left and right. The closet and bathroom doors were to the right of the bed and the left wall had a glass sliding door that opened onto the roof of the garage, which acted like a large balcony. Along with that, there was a desk that was pressed up against the wall right beside the bedroom door with my personal gaming computer on it and a bookshelf to the right of the door. The other bedrooms were just like this, except the bathroom and closet's were smaller, there wasn't a balcony, and no desk.

"So where can I put this box?" Skylor questioned, coming up the stairs behind me. I looked at my scribbled handwriting before taking the box and setting it down on my bed. Opening it, I started placing my books onto the bookshelf. I was happy I still had the shelf that my dad and I had made when I was about ten. It was white and it went well with the dark brown carpeting of the floor and the dark turquoise walls of the room. It was four rows with a center cut out about two thirds of the way in the middle so I could have a smaller shelf put in there acting as a TV stand.

"So, what do you think of my house?" I questioned, continuing to put the books onto the shelves. I smiled as I heard a defeated sigh come from her.

"Why does your house have to be so nice?" she questioned, "Why couldn't I have inherited a small fortune from deceased family members that you didn't even know existed?" I laughed at her as I shook my head.

"If it makes you feel better, you can come visit anytime you want. As long as you and Tristan don't do it over here. If that happens, he's getting kicked out and never allowed to spend time here again." She laughed at my statement, but agreed to my terms anyway. "Alright, now that everything is finally put away... ready to watch some YouTube and eat pizza?"

"Uh, duh! Did you even have to ask?" she questioned, running to the stairs and making her way down them. I rolled my eyes as I followed her into the kitchen, seeing her already starting the oven to put in a frozen pizza and pulling out two Dr. Peppers. "Damn it, Heather! You need to stop drinking only Dr. Pepper! I swear to God, you and Tristan are exactly the same creature! You're just more picky!" I laughed at her as I shook my head, knowing full well that she was correct.

"You're just jealous that I live a simpler life than you!" I retorted, flopping myself down on the sofa and starting up the TV along with my Xbox One. Bringing up YouTube, we started our search of weird and spooky videos. Hopping along from alien videos, to ghost sightings, and finally landing on Creepypasta sightings and meme compilations.

"We're children."

"I know. But were mature children," I replied, making her think for a moment.

"True."