18. Liar, Liar

CHECK OUT THE TRAILER TO THE SIDE!

Recap:

Valerie reads Christian's note, which tells her that Jon was Valerie's saviour and Jon saved her from drowning. Valerie is confused by this, considering the fact that he was the one who pushed her in. Becky and Landon are back together, and Valerie is discharged from the hospital. She is leaving that same day, but before leaving she goes on one last walk with Luciano. Luciano takes her to a park and he gives her a promise ring, she tells him that long distance relationships don't work and that they should be friends for now and put the relationship on a pause as they are in different countries, but if their paths are to ever cross again they'll see how it goes then. However Valerie keeps the promise ring because it is a reminder of Luciano and she does actually want to be with him and believes fate will bring them together again. 

Chapter 18

Liar, Liar

            It had been two weeks since I was back in New York. Things picked back up from where they were left off. My job as Christian's assistant was looking up, I had actually been doing assistant stuff recently such as filing paperwork, attending calls from clients and the occasional coffee run. It was safe to say that I was fairly satisfied with my life at the moment.

            I was more than grateful that I hadn't heard from Jon, but a little disappointed with the fact that Luciano hadn't called since (although he did text me a few times). The day we got back home, Becky noticed the band on my finger that Luciano had given me. Her reaction? I'll just say that I had difficulty hearing for about an hour. However I did find out that the promise ring Luciano gave to me was not sterling silver, but in fact it was platinum! Becky was taken aback at my misunderstanding and she now claims that I don't know my metals well, but I believe it was an honest mistake that anyone could have made. She also claims that Luciano is probably serious about me, given the fact that he gave me a ring which for me, costs a fortune. I'd be lying if I said she supported my decision of ending things with Luciano. According to her, I should never have let go of that wealthy hunk with the sexy accent. I think it's required for me to say that those were her words and not mine.

            "Becks, baby, let's go I'm going to be late." Landon says while eating a toast.

            Landon's moved in with Becky, which is a huge step for both of them. They said they want to get serious and I couldn't be more happier for my best friend. Landon really makes her happy and Becky deserves a guy like him. He quit his bartending job and works full time now, helping out with his family business.

            "You want a ride, Val?" Becky asks, slipping on her shoes.

            "No it's fine, you two go ahead. I'll catch the cab." I subtly wink at Landon. He's got this thing planned for Becky today, it's their some month anniversary today and she has no idea for what he has in mind, but to be fair, I don't know the exact details either. Landon's sweet like that, always planning little surprises and making Becky smile.

            Reaching the office, I quickly made my way to the elevator. Just as it was about to close, someone's hand stopped it. I looked up and my chest filled with dread.