2. My New Boss

Hey guys! Here's chapter two! I'll be uploading this story really fast since I'm having fun writing it, I might even do another upload today :) Let me know what you think!!

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?

colourfulsprinkles xx

Chapter Two

My New Boss

How bad could my luck get? I can’t believe he even remembers me! I just need to calm down. I realized I was staring at him for about a minute now without saying anything.

    I awkwardly laughed. “Christian Reyes, so how’s life?” Nice one Valerie. Out of all things you could’ve said, actually out of all the professional –emphasis on the professional- things you could’ve said, you choose to ask him that! ‘How’s life?’ Seriously?

   He gave a dry laugh. “Life was actually going pretty well actually, but that was before today.”

   Ouch. He could be a bit nicer. Who am I kidding, it’s Christian, and he’s all but nice. I remember I used to call him Ass-tian.

   “So tell me, Valerie, why are you here?” All signs of laughter were gone from his face and he was giving me a cold stare.

   “Well you see Christian—

   “Correction: Mr. Reyes. I already know why you’re here, as in my office, Miss Summers. You’re my new assistant, but what I want to know is your ulterior motive for being here. Anything else, you’d like to destroy?” He cut me off, giving me the same cold look, now filled with a lot of hatred.

   “Chris-Mr. Reyes, let me assure you that there isn’t in fact any ulterior motive for my being here. I honestly had no idea that you worked here—

   He cut me off yet again. “I don’t work here, Miss Summers. I own this business.”

    Holy crap! “—Okay then, I had no idea you owned this business and I’m just simply looking for a job. If you’d like, I can quit.”

    “I still don’t believe you, but I’ll go along with what you’re saying. Don’t worry; there is no reason to quit. I could actually have a lot of fun with you as my assistant.” He said and his smirk was back.

   Oh boy. What have I gotten myself into? Okay Val, just think about the money. You need the money and this is the only way you’ll finally have enough for the operation. Taking a deep breath, I walked forwards so I was right in front of his desk.

   “Look, Christian, do you think there’s any chance that we could possibly forget whatever happened three years ago and maybe start over?” I looked down at my shoes, avoiding his eyes.

   He got up suddenly, slamming his hands on his desk, making some papers fall to the ground. I flinched, taking a step back and looking into his eyes which were now a lighter shade of blue.