Chapter 5: The Past

Alec's POV:

PE soon came. We all entered the changing rooms and got changed. The PE teacher assorted us into groups. Will and Catarina were on my team and Magnus got grouped with Jem and Tessa and... Sebastian. Everyone started playing playing football (A/N: for those of you who are American basically, soccer). My last match was against Sebastian's team.

Our teams started playing, without any fuss between Sebastian and me. It looked like everyone was expecting something to happen. We were losing and I didn't mind until Sebastian opened his mouth, "How does it feel to lose, Alec?" I ignored this but he carried on, "How does it feel to lose just like how you lost your mum, Maryse," I tensed and turned to him, anger replaced all emotions, however, I wasn't seeing red yet. By now everyone was watching us and the PE teacher was not in the gym. "How you lost Jace, Izzy and Max. Oh, I forgot Max died earlier than everyone. Isn't that right, Alec?" He taunted.

I saw red. Anger filled my vision as I stormed over towards him. The impact knocking him onto his back. I held his arms by his sides as he looked, aggressively, into my eyes I screamed, "YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW IT FEELS!!!! YOUR PARENTS DIED THE EXACT SAME PLACE AND TIME WHERE MY MUM DID!! YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WERE PATHETIC!!" Sebastian was clearly pissed off. He knocked me off him and pinned me to the floor. "No, my family wasn't pathetic. It was yours, with that wanna-be Izzy, pretend bad-ass Jace and innocent Max, although he wasn't really innocent, was he? He was just like you." Anger boiled in my veins. Max was innocent, just because he was gay doesn't make him corrupt and I'm not. "Don't act like your family was any better than mine." I knocked him off me and stood up, him following. We both gave each other death stares.

"BOYS!" The PE teacher yelled. Everyone looked in his direction, including Sebastian and me. "BOTH OF YOU IN MY OFFICE NOW! The rest of you get changed. Class dismissed." With his last word, the rest of the students went to the changing rooms, murmuring about what just happened. Magnus and his friends stayed behind. Sebastian stormed off to the teachers office. I turned to Magnus as he said, "Are you ok?" I simply nodded. Then all of a sudden, tears started streaming down my face. Magnus hugged me as I buried my face into his shoulder. He rubbed in a circular motion on my back to comfort me. Someone cleared their throat. I looked around, to see that Magnus's friends had left and the teacher was standing a few metres away from us. "Alec. Office now." Then he walked into his office. I saw Sebastian, being moody, sitting in his office.

I walked into the office and Mr. Callaghan, the PE teacher, started talking. "I understand that this issue is more personal to both of you but you two need to calm down. You have to respect each other and each others family, dead or alive. I will be keeping an eye on you two. This is your first warning. Anything like this happens again, detention will be given. Now, go get changed."

Magnus's POV:

Sebastian and Alec walked in when the boys started getting changed. Sebastian looked pissed. Alec looked slightly pissed but calm, calmer than Sebastian. Alec walked over to his stuff and started getting changed, while Sebastian started talking to his mates and looking in Alec's direction. Alec didn't seem too bothered. I was really concerned about Alec. People talking about his family isn't a topic he likes. Everyone got changed and I waited for Alec, since I was driving him home and I wanted to make sure he was ok. He didn't talk during the ride back to our house and I didn't try to start making a conversation. He stared dully out the window.

When we got home, he went up into the bathroom and I soon hear the shower running. I went to the kitchen and found a note from my mum,

Alec & Magnus,

I'll be working over night today. I didn't have time to make dinner for you two so you can order anything you want.

Love, Sarah

I sighed. I went up to my room and got changed into something more comfortable. I laid on my bed and thought about what happened today. There is definitely some history between Alex and Sebastian. There was a knock at my door and I looked up. Alec stood there in a navy T-shirt and black sweatpants. His air was still wet from the shower he just had and he was looking straight at me. I nodded and he came and laid down next to me. Alec stared at the ceiling, and I did too. "I'm sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring you. I just needed some time to think." He said, after a few seconds of silence. "It's ok. Can you explain one thing to me?" I asked turning on my side to face him. He looked at me and did the same. Alec nodded. "What's going on between you and Sebastian?" 

He sighed and then began, "Well, my mum and his dad worked together and I told them they should have a vacation with each other. Our parents were friends, however, my siblings were not friends with Sebastian. We were friends with his sister and mother. This automatically made him hate us and we didn't care. He was so annoying. Anyways, everyone decided to go except me and Sebastian. I had to go to an archery competition. Sebastian stayed at his friends house. We were 14 when this happened. They went for the weekend and on the way back, the place crashed. Izzy, Jace and my mum were gone. Max died because of cancer a year before. We were all still recovering from that. That's why I thought it would be a good idea for them to go in this vacation. When Sebastian's dad died, he ended up living with his Uncle and Aunt. I wasn't going to go with my dad, for reasons I don't want to say right now. Because of this, I went to the adoption centre and then Sarah came." He let out a shaky breath and a tear rolled down his cheek. 

I wiped it away. "Thank you. It makes a lot more sense now. I know that was hard for you." I said and pecked him in the cheek. Alec took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "I'm grateful to have you, Magnus." He said then started to cry silently. I scooted closer to him, our bodies almost touching. I felt his breath on my chest and I shivered a little. Alec looked into my eyes and  I looked into his eyes. They were the same blue eyes that I love and they were clear of any tears. I kissed him on the nose, then on his jaw and lastly his lips. We both kissed each other passionately. I cupped his cheek while his arms went around my neck and started tugging at my hair gently. I moaned quietly against his lips and Alec smiled against my mouth. He pulled away and I saw the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen glow with happiness. There was also a huge smile on his face. I smiled looking at him. 

"Where's Sarah? Shouldn't she be home by now?" Alec asked. "Oh, I forgot to tell you! She left a note in the kitchen saying that she was working over night today and now we have to order food." I said. He pecked my cheek and stood up. "Pizza?" Alec asked. I grinned and nodded. I got up and walked down with Alec in front of me.