Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I kept staring at the screen after sending the request, still in shock.

Suddenly, I realized what I had done. I quickly tried to cancel the request but l had a meeting to attend, and everyone was rushing towards the conference room. I sighed and stood up,following them.

I completely forgot about the request later due to work and when I got back home I was exhausted. Our company had hired new staff and it was my responsibility to train all the people who had joined the PR department. 

In the evening, Ryan came back home and told me that his company was keeping a huge party as it was collaborating with a huge law firm.It was apparently, extremely important for the company. 

"Ryan, you're gonna have to take me shopping now." I said.

Ryan grinned and stepped closer to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer. 

"Babe, you'll look great in anything. You're just so sexy." Ryan murmured and placed soft kisses on my neck.

I moaned and pushed him away. 

"I'm too tired."

Ryan smirked. "Well, let me take care of that okay baby?"

I grinned and Ryan picked me up and placed me on the bed, giving me a soothing massage and in return, I gave him what he desired.

Ryan kissed me softly, but so sensually and then we fell asleep.

                                                                                 ****

Next morning I woke up feeling fresh and rejuvenated. I made some coffee and ate some cereal and got ready for work. 

Ryan and I kissed goodbye and we went off to our work places.

The first half of the day was slow, work was piled up and the entire office was busy working.

By lunch time, I was free so I logged on to Facebook and noticed that I had a notification. However, Christopher had still not accepted my request. I was hoping he had, but after looking at the notification, all my excitement went away. 

He was probably just so busy with work. I mean, we were mature adults now. At 26, work is the biggest priority for many of us. And Chris always wanted to do something big in his life. He was just so hard-working.

                                                                                           ***

FLASH BACK 2005

Chris and I walked into the party,hand in hand, looking around at the crowd. Everybody had gathered at John's house for the party he held annually and as Seniors, this was gonna be one of our last parties.

"Baby, do you wanna have something to drink?" Chris asked me, whispering in my ear.

I smirked. "You know what I want." 

Chris grinned. " I do?"

I nodded innocently.

Chris sighed, his eyes hungry and full of passion.

"I'll get us something to drink." 

I started talking to some of the other girls from school and Chris got back with some scotch. 

"Bottoms up." 

I grinned and chugged the drunk down.

We had a couple of more shots and after that I felt a little woozy. Chris noticed that and he picked me up, taking me outside.