Chapter 4

Recap:

"Hello? Evelyn Thomas?" The all too familiar voice said.

I tried recognizing the voice but I couldn't recollect.

"Wh-Who's this?" I asked.

"Why don't you guess?" The voice answered back.

"Is this a prank? If it is, its not cool. Some people are actually trying to sleep here." I shot back.

"Whoa whoa! Feisty like I remember.. It's me, Christopher Barnes."

Suddenly,my eyes few open and sleep went away. I was alerted and my heart started beating fast again. I sat up straight, clutching the phone to my chest. I could feel myself starting to sweat.

Was it really... Christopher Barnes?

________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

I gulped. Only the sound of my breathing was audible.

What do I say? Should I say hey back and talk normally like old pals who meet after years or should I talk to him the way I used too...

My heart was beating really loudly and I could feel sweat beads rolling down my face.

"Hello/ You still there?" Chris asked.

"H-Hello Christopher." I finally managed to say a small greeting.

"There we go.I thought you were almost dead.Hey Evelyn." Chris replied.I could tell he was grinning.

I took a deep breath, wiped my face and stood up walking out of my bedroom.

I glanced at the clock and it was around 6. Ryan would be back soon.

"Wow.How'd you find my number?" I replied, gaining some confidence.

"Well, there's nothing a little research can't do these days.Besides, I've got my sources."

"Sources? Where'd you find sources in New York?" I replied, letting out a small chuckle.

"You wouldn't want to underestimate me Evelyn."

"I never have." I replied back.

Chris took a deep breath.

"I know what you're capable of Chris..Remember, we've known each other since high school." I said.

"Good to have you back Evelyn."

I gasped.

Good to have you back Evelyn....

Snap out of it! He was just being polite. He probably meant that it was nice to get back in touch.

"Same here Christopher."

"So you're in California?"

"Yeah.Still here.How's New York?" I asked.

"Fast.But I've gotten used to it."

I grinned. " You were always very adjusting."

I giggled as I heard him laugh.

"That I am...Eve....I've missed you."

I let out another small gasp and bit my lower lip. Oh God, I could almost feel the butterflies in my stomach again.I was experiencing the same emotions.This was not good.

I was over Chris! It had been 8 years! 8 years is a very long time and I mean, I was with Ryan now, happy with him.And besides.. Maybe Chris was with someone too.