Level 5

-For her-

(Part1)

Chapter 6

Kyle's POV

I woke up the next day with a splitting headache. Not those hangover type of headache but those headache where you're undoubtedly sick and you're just too weak to move. The sunlight which was filtering through my curtains wasn't helping the thumping ache in my head either. I probably feel this way because somebody (aka Drew Annabelle Collin) had to just run off and leave no clues whatsoever for me to find her. But it's okay, all in good time.

Groaning, I laid my hand over my eyes and rolled over to my side, feeling weak and feverish. Just as I was planning to sleep in, I heard my door creak open.

"Good morning, sir." Megs knocked softly on the door, "you've got a phone call." Forcing myself to an upright position, I rubbed my eyes lazily as I stretched my hand for the phone.

"Kyle Olsen speaking." I croaked. I sound terrible; I sounded like a mixture of a dying whale and a washing machine experiencing glitches.

"Son, you've got to come over to Guang Zhou this evening." My father said authoritatively over the line. Another sharp blade of white impaled my head as I said, as politely as possible, "Is everything okay?"

"No actually. You've got to come over and check the stats of the company. You're mother and I have to go over to Ireland for another business meeting." My father said emotionlessly. I know there's no way I can talk my way out of this, once my parents fix their mind on something, there's really no point of trying to change their mind because you'll just find yourself doing whatever they have planned out.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my hair and agreed. My father then told me that a helicopter will pick me up around 2pm so I have to leave school early. Even though I was in no state of working, I knew I had to, for my parents.

Without saying goodbye, my father wordlessly disconnected the line. "What would you like for breakfast?" Megs asked, taking the phone from me. I had completely forgotten she was there! I rolled over to my side and searched for the clock which read, "8:30am". I jerked awake and ran out of my room, holding my blanket to my abdomen, scrambling to the bathroom.

I was greeted by a pale face with dark circles around his bloodshot eyes when I entered the bathroom. It took me a moment to realise that the sickly face belonged to me. Groaning, I splashed my face with cold water, contemplating if I should go to school. My phone gave a light buzz as the screen lit up, wiping my face with a dry cloth, I slid my thumb across the screen revealing a message from Leah.

"Ur girlfriend's being seduced wru?"

I found the message amusing because one, Leah hardly texts me and two, I shouldn't care since it's only natural that Drew Annabelle Collin is being checked out, I mean, it's the Drew Annabelle Collin! But there was an annoying gut feeling telling me to kick the pedophile in the nuts for flirting with her. I'm not jealous, just...it's complicated. Replying a quick message to Leah, I grabbed a v-neck shirt and a pair of maroon jeans and threw it on. I slung my bag over my shoulder and groggily went to the breakfast table.

By now, half my energy was already drained even though I've just woken up. Being late for school and recieving a pink slip (it's a piece of pink evil given to late comers) didn't really matter anymore. Matt was already having his second slice of toast when I Megs placed a mug of coffee in front of me. He was wearing a black button-up shirt with a pair of jeans, wrapped around his waist was a maroon apron and by his side laid a bowler hat.

"Going to visit your cafe today?" I croaked, taking a bite of my toast which was not helping my sore throat.

"Yeah." Matt said looking up from his plate. His eyebrows were raised as he reached out his hand to touch my forehead which I quickly swapped away. "Bro, you're burning up."