03

I couldn't keep her away.

The next day, my mind is occupied with the girl with black hair and heterochromia eyes. I never knew that she lives so close to my house. Or, hers.

At school, I don't talk to anyone nor do others talk to me. Except this one girl who sits next to me. She talks a little with me and once, I wish that she was Kyryan. It caught me off-guard every time I thought of her. Her black hair, her eyes, her small nose, her rosy cheeks and pale skin, her rose-scented smell . . . There it goes again.

I head home as soon as school ended. I check on my sister but she wasn't back from her school yet. I shower first then do my homework as I wait for my sister. When she was back, I ask how she was feeling.

" Better than yesterday. Thank you for your concern, Shouto. And, thank you so much for yesterday. I feel like I didn't thank you properly enough so, here's some sweet cake. " She presents me with a small yellow and white box with the bakery name on it.

" Thanks, but it was actually nothing. I only wanted to help. " I accept her gift and keep it away in the refrigerator. I don't have the appetite to eat sweet stuff at the time. Besides, I'm not a fan of sweets.

" Oh, dear! " My sister exclaims as she looks at her wrist watch.
" I'm late for Kyryan's. I didn't think I took a long time when buying that cake. Oh! And the paperworks that are due by tomorrow. There's a little left. And dinner! "

Unorganised and last-minutes were something that my sister would never have in her dictionary but for some reason, those words were written on her.

" Do you need my help? " I offer, slyly getting my way to see her again.

" Oh, it's okay, Shouto. I'm sure I can handle--"

" You seem like you can't. " I cut her off. " It's okay for you to rely on me some of the times. "

I can see her worries had wash away and a smile plays on her lips. " Thank you, Shouto. I'm glad to have you as my brother. "

Arriving the house, I was greeted by Evan again. I explained that my sister is too busy for today so I offered her help. He knows about it as Fuyumi had inform him earlier on a call. He invited me in and lead me to Kyryan's room. He knocks on it and tells her that her tutor is here. Of course, he doesn't mention that it was her tutor's brother. So, when I enter, I notice Kyryan's hopeful eyes and bright face turns to hatred eyes and dull look. Again, I notice that the books were neatly stacked but one book was open in front of her.

I approach to sit opposite her as Evan left the door open a gap like yesterday. I ignore her negative aura. To be honest, I do feel bad for her. She was so happy and excited to see my sister, her usual tutor, but I gave her a huge fake hope and totally crushed her wishes and expectations.

" What in the actual eff are you doing here? " she asks slowly, making sure I catch how annoyed she is right now as she grits her teeth. Well, at least it's good to know that she still hates me -- to the point where she would enjoy stabbing me repeatedly -- so I can take more cautious steps when annoying her.

" I'm helping my sister again. Besides, it's not like I want to see you again, " I deadpan.

I do want to see her again.

She irks and clicks her tongue as she reluctantly ignores further arguments and just grab her book. I take out my book as well and turn to the page for our next topic. For an hour and a half, I teach and explain to her. The other hour and a half are used for her assignment. This time it is another essay work about today's topic. She doesn't complain but she does have a bored expression. I let her be until she finishes while I do my homework.