21

Days have passed, and days turn into weeks.

I watch the news everyday but no updates about Kyryan's tragedy. Although they were still on search, I grow anxious each hour.

I meet up with Rika and we talked about our crush, school and our parents. We share our similar problems and other random stuff.

Today, I just finished my gamma training at school and going home afterwards. I thought of going to their house just to pay a little visit would be alright. I was half glad to know their house are allowed to visit, so I went in as I have the keys. I take in every corner of the room until I come across the same pictures I saw last time. The three family pictures.

I look at the picture of Evan and Kyryan laughing. I exhaled deeply. Then, I notice a scar on the inside of Kyryan's left arm. I lean down to look more closely. It was a long cut, stapled shut. I furrow my eyebrows wondering who did it.

Is that why she always wear long sleeved shirts?

Next, I look at the picture of her and her adoptive parents. It's such a pity that she thought they were her real parents and realized they weren't. They didn't even live long with her, they didn't get to see her grow up.

I guess I can relate that to myself.

But still, she loved them so much even though they aren't blood-related. She loves them until today.

If I can really say 'today'. I wonder what happened to her real parents.

I sigh before going upstairs to her room. It is tidy as usual. Her guitars sat perfectly at the corner of the room. Her desk is neatly arranged and her bookshelf, too. I see her Japanese workbooks and notebooks she used during our or my sister's class. I flip through the pages and every of it is filled with notes. Hardworking as usual but her handwriting is messy, which I did not expect the first time I saw it. Next, I look through her notebook. All of it are essays but the recent ones caught my eye. I flip the front of the page to make sure this wasn't her diary. And it really wasn't. I skim through the titles and read through them.

Did my sister really give these assignments to her, I ask myself.

Write the thoughts that bother you. You must write in Japanese.

A few days ago, I met Fuyumi's younger brother named Todoroki Shouto. At first, I was afraid and nervous to be left alone with a guy I don't know but when I lifted my head up and saw him, all those negative feelings washed away. It was because I had met him before and I hated him but now, the feeling of hatred has lessened along with my ego. Why did I hate him? When I was little, I saw him entering his house, which used to be my house before I moved out. I was childish for thinking he was trespassing my house-I used to believe it was still my house-so, I hated him so much. That day, I saw a glimpse of his hair and the mark on half of his face so that gives the reason of my remembrance.

When he entered my room, the first thing I noticed was the colour of his hair; it never changed. Then, his eyes; they are heterochromic like me. And, his mark. His eyes surprises me the most. I was so happy to finally meet someone who is the same as me. I wanted to smile so bad that time but knowing I hated him, I stopped myself. I had to bite my lip to prevent myself from smiling. I mean, who smiles at their 'worst' enemy? I questioned myself, why him? Out of all the people, why him? Why the person I hate had to be heterochromia? I have questions to ask of him. Like, do people stare at him a lot? What does he do if people did stare?

I even came up with an idea; become friends with him. That's why I'm slowly trying to be nice to him but that's not really my best nature. Insulting and annoying others are something that I'm good at but what good will I get from those two skills? Like lying, I'm good at it because since I was a kid I lie to save myself from danger.