13

I'm alone like how I should be.

I've finished paying the groceries for my sister and I'm on my way home. Walking down the street with stores built along the pavement, I keep thinking of my stupid actions earlier.

The restless feeling came back and I still hate it. Why was I so careless? Why didn't I put my guard up around her? Did she really hear me?

Why did I run?

I sigh out of frustration. Ever since Kyryan came to my life the second time, my life has changed. And I don't know if I want to thank her or not. I'm not even sure if her presence to my life changed me for the better or for the worse.

Out of the blue, I hear a faint voice in the distance which snaps me out of my train of thought. Maybe I'm too tired that I'm hearing things.

Except I wasn't.

" Todoroki! "

I look over my shoulder to be face to face with a panting black haired girl.

" Kyryan, why did you come back? I mean-- "

" What? I can't worry about you? Was it something you said that made yourself run away and leaving a girl alone in confusion? Not nice, half-and-half. "

There she goes again; her AP shots of savageness. But did she really worry about me?

" I'm sorry. "

" For what? "

" For leaving you alone and for what I said before I took off. "

" Okay. I accept your apology but I'm still confused. Why did you took off? You laughed at me before running away. What part of your laugh that made you run away? "

At this point, I'm the one who's puzzled. She didn't hear?

" No. Did you not hear what I said right before I left? "

" Yes, I did. You laughed and then you questioned my formality and suddenly you said you had to go. "

Was the confession scene my imagination? I can't believe this. I just embarrassed myself twice in row.

" Look, I'll make up for it. You hungry? "

" No. "

" Good. Let's go to a cafe. " I yank her arm with me to go to the nearest cafe when my heart almost drop when I see a few familiar people around my age. Immeadiately, I go into an alley where not a lot of people will look, grabbing Kyryan with me.

" What the--? Why are we stopping here? Doesn't look like cafe to me, Todor-- "

At the call of my name, I cover her mouth with my hand but my eyes not taking off from the gap to see if my classmates have passed or not. Sure, I did say they have to search for Kyryan but not when I'm with her. They'll tease me.

Chatters are getting louder as they get closer. I purse my lips when the group of friends came into view at the gap. Once they've passed, I let out a breath of relief. I uncover Kyryan's mouth as I look at her. I just realize the whole time we were in an uncomfortable distance; too close for her liking. In addition to this, I was caging her. Obviously, all of that makes her blush. Even me. I take a few steps back, my hands raised as if I was surrendering.

" I am so sorry! I swear I didn't mean to. I didn't notice until just now. "

She doesn't say anything. I start to worry again.

" Kyryan, " I say softly.

Finally, she nods her head slowly. " It's okay, " she quietly answers. I breathe out another relief.