06

School is cancelled for the incident that happened yesterday.

I didn't know what to do but during lunch I ask my sister about Kyryan. I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Why was I being curious of her?

" She's fourteen. Half-Japanese, half-American. Her mother is American, her father is Japanese but she was born in Japan, too. "

" Speaking of her parents, I've never seen them at her house. And is Evan her brother? "

" Her parents died when she was only five. Evan is her hero, that's what she calls him. Simply put, Evan is a stranger that she soon became close friends. "

" Hero? "

" When her parents died, she wasn't sent to the orphanage or to any of her relatives - I'm not even sure if she does have any. Evan doesn't know either - She lived alone-- "

" Wait. A five-year-old lived alone? "

" Yes. I'm not sure how, but she managed. Unfortunately, two burglars crashed into her house one day. She jumped out the window and she met Evan, who was passing by in front of her house. She told him to call the police and he did. So from there, she started calling him her hero. "

" For only calling the police? "

" Well, there are other events happened and those make him seem more of a hero. But when Evan talked, he said she was the one who does all the work to protect herself. Like one time at the park, Evan wasn't paying attention to her. An abductor almost kidnapped her but she knew clichè stuff so she tricked him to make him approach Evan. He chased after the kidnapper and stopped him while Kyryan find someone who has a phone to call the cops. And also, a thief broke into their house. At that time, Kyryan was awake and went downstairs but Evan was sleeping. She failed to sneak so she ended up being chased. Luckily, she got enough time to overflow the bathroom by running the water. "

" How did she got that much time? Was their house big? "

" She kicked him at every guy's weakness spot. "

" Oh. Ow. "

" When the burglar found the bathroom but not her, she pushed him in from behind and dropped a hairdryer to electrocute him. Then, she woke Evan up so he can call the police. Again. "

" I guess Evan is right. She did all the work. She's smart. "

" Evan also told me her IQ when she was young was the same as a matured adult. She even has a strong mentality, Evan said. 'I'll live with you but not be a part of your family,' she told him."

" What does she mean? "

" She still know she has a real family even though they're gone. But at least, she had a little child's behaviour to match her age, too. "

"Yeah. She does. " I roll my eyes, reminding myself of when she enjoyed her ice cream like a little kid.

" She does? " Her face shows confusion but soon turns to mischievous-like. " You met her recently and you guys are close or something? Or have you both been meeting up other than the tutoring? "

I pull a face. " You know I'm not like that. " I pause, contemplating whether I should tell her that I did once. I did. " But there was one time we bumped into each other when I went for a jog. "

" Do you guys get along well? "

" She hates me. "

There was a five-seconds pause before she replies. " Or is she? " I raise an eyebrow, questioningly.