Chapter 1: The Nightmare

I was running as a little boy who was a bit older than me was chasing me. The boy's face was unclear.

I kept running and laughing as the little boy chased me.

I looked forward and saw my mommy. I ran to her as I saw her smiling at me. Just as I reached closed to her, she began to fade away.

"No! Mommy no!" I screamed.

She waved her hand and faded away.

Tears rolled down my eyes. I turned around and saw the little boy running away from me.

"No please!" I yelled as I began to chase the little boy.

"Bye Yumna!" The boy laughed as he ran away.

"No! Please! Don't leave!" I cried as I began to run towards him and suddenly, I stumbled on a stone and fell down.

I cried loudly, but nobody came. I cried more. I looked around me and nobody was there with me.

I was alone.

. . .

I gasped as I opened my eyes and sat upright. I panted.

Another nightmare.

I leaned on my bed hardboard and sighed.

Why did I always had to have the same nightmare? I wasn't liking this.

I panted as I whipped my tears.

Who was the guy in the dream? I dreamed of him everyday. I dreamed of my parents everyday but I couldn't recall their faces, neither their names.

After the accident that happened 11 years ago, I couldn't remember anything. When I woke up, I found myself on an I.C.U. room, wrapped with tons of bandages.

I was confused in the beginning. I didn't know why or how I came to the hospital. Opening my eyes, the only person who I found at my side was a man dressed in a business outfit.

He told me that he was my uncle and that I had a car accident where I lost both of my parents. I didn't remember any of it though. The doctor told me that at such young age, I witnesses something horrible and because I had a concussion, I had lost my childhood memory temporarily.

I couldn't remember anything. When I was healed, I came home with my uncle and saw my grand mother there. She told me all about my parents and showed me their pictures.

I tried hard to remember everything but I couldn't. The only thing I remembered was me being covered in blood.

I sighed. I closed my eyes for a minute and remembered the little boy who was chasing behind me in my dream. I couldn't see his face. His face was unclear. I wondered who he was. Everytime I asked about the boy, grandma tried to tell me but my uncle always yelled at my grandma and even at me.

In the beginning, he wasn't like this, but as time went by, he became abusive. He always hurted me and when grandma tried to speak to him, he even yelled at her and locked her in a room.

The torcher was going on for years and I couldn't do anything about it. How could I? Grandma and I, both lived in his house. We were homeless without him providing us a roof to live.

I looked at my side and noticed the clock. It was 4:00 am. It was almost Fajr time.

I got off the bed and went to the washroom and took a shower. After the shower, I did my ablution and went out of the washroom.

I grabbed a hijab and wrapped it around my head. I took the prayer matt and put it on the floor and began my prayer. After I finished the prayer, I folded the prayer matt and put it away. Afte the prayer, I took the Holy Quran and began to recite a few pages from the Quran. When that was done, I put the Holy Quran away and went down stairs to make breakfast.