Chapter Eighteen

I had been grounded before. Multiple times actually. Still, I had never actually had something to do with my life. Or someone other than Hayden to talk to. Now groundation was kicking my ass.

He took my laptop, and my TV and my car keys. He might as well had taken the refrigerator. My phone was to be used only for emergencies. Aiden had said he could rig it so that I couldn't use the internet or call anyone besides 911.

Airplane mode.

Sometimes my brothers came through for me.

So, Monday morning while all of my friends were at school (besides Hayden), I was squinting my eyes trying to watch Netflix while taking a nap.

I texted Ian and Hayden and I applied for part time jobs. I looked up colleges and researched serial killers.

I slowly went out of my mind.

At around 12 o'clock I went downstairs to make something for lunch.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled to myself as I scanned the contents of the fridge. Who did the grocery shopping?

After brief consideration I decided to eat fruit and yogurt. I was no whiz in the kitchen and it required little preparation.

I took my meal to the kitchen table, placing my phone down and letting Pandora play out loud.

Being suspended sucked.

When the front door knob jiggled, I nearly had a heart attack. I grabbed the closest weapon I could get ahold of. That item happened to be a tea kettle.

I stood behind my choice one hundred percent.

When Sin walked through the kitchen and saw me standing in a defensive stance ready to swing a tea kettle, he let out a low chuckle.

"That's some welcome, Legs."

I dropped the kettle, letting out the breath I was holding. "What the hell Sin?!"

He simply swaggered up to the table, picking a strawberry out of my bowl. "Bored?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

I widened my eyes. "Sin?! What the hell are you doing in my house?"

He shrugged pulling out a chair now and plopping himself down. "I love catching you in your short shorts." He smirked.

I looked down at my outfit. Black Victoria's Secret shorts and a tight fitting white tank top. No bra.

"Oh my gosh..." I mumbled turning on my heels and walking towards the hall closet. I grabbed one of Aiden's grey sweaters and zipped it up before heading back to the kitchen to see what the hell Sin wanted.

"Very appropriate." Sin said with a nod when he looked over my outfit.

"Ha." I said dryly. "Have you ever heard of knocking?"

I was panicking. For a number of reasons. First, Sin Westbrook was sitting at my kitchen table giving me bedroom eyes. I hadn't forgotten our kiss and looking at him was bringing back all that heat. I tried to remember what Hayden had said, about him being dangerous, a playboy, sexy...

And then there was the fact that my father could walk through the door at any moment and catch me with a boy at the kitchen table.

"Your door was unlocked." He said carelessly reaching for another strawberry. "Plus, I'm actually here to be nice."

I placed a hand on my heart. "Oh, well then please. Break in. Help yourself to my strawberries." Sarcasm was the only defense I had against him.

He chewed his bottom lip giving me a once over. "You really don't want to know where my mind went Legs."

He's dangerous. He's dangerous. He's dangerous.

"You said you were here to be nice. Be nice, Carson."

He narrowed his eyes. "Don't make a habit of calling me that."

I shrugged. I liked his name. I liked that I was the only one who called him it.

"You said you wanted to have fun. To live life right?"

I didn't answer. I was suspicious. I stayed quiet.

"I've decided to help you. So, today you can come with me."

I nearly laughed. "Seriously?"

He didn't answer. Instead he stared at me. Deep into my soul.

"I'm not going anywhere with you Sin. You can't just break into my house and kidnap me."

He rose from the the table. "You owe me, Legs."

I narrowed my eyes. "Since when? For what?"

He grinned. "Saving your ass." He held up two fingers. "Twice."

I rolled my eyes. I'd forgotten about his dumb statement about me owing him.

"I'm not going with you Sin. I'm grounded. Plus what type of fun are we going to have at-" I checked the clock on the stove, "12:45.?"

He didn't blink. He continued on his path towards me until we were face to face. "Put some pants on, and you'll find out."

There it was. The sparks leapt out. I mean the man wasn't even touching me, and my body was on fire. It wasn't fair that he possessed this power over me. "Sin don't." I mumbled weakly when he grabbed me by the waist.

He looked down at me. "I'm not going to kiss you, Rory."

I wanted him to. It wasn't even a surprise to me. I just came to the realization that I've been wanting Sin to kiss me ever since he gave me a ride home on the first day of school.

"I'll put pants on." I whispered. "And then I won't owe you anymore."

Sin loosened his grip on me, taking a step back. "Okay. Put on pants."

*********************************

"Clooney's?" I snorted leaning all the way back in the passengers seat of Sin's car.

We had driven for over an hour, no bathroom stops, no music, just to end up outside a ragged looking building in the middle of nowhere.

"Clooney's." Sin nodded, turning his engine off. "No jokes about me kidnapping you?"

I shrugged out of my seatbelt. "People don't get kidnapped at two thirty."

He chuckled. "You say the dumbest shit."

I ignored him, stretching my legs out. "I can't believe this is what you consider fun."

He walked around the car, grabbing my arm and pulled me towards the building.

"You wanted to have fun, live life, get the full experience right?"

I pursed my lips. "I did say that." I mumbled as we made it to the doors of the building.

"Well, welcome to fun." He said before opening the door and allowing me to walk inside.

****************************

Qotd : Team Damon or Stefan

AOTD: I'm a simple person. I see Damon, I choose Damon.