3 - Returning to Hogwarts

(I don't even like Post Malone that much but this song is good and I like it so y'all should listen to it, cause it's good with the story)

The intro to a song startled Y/N awake - or rather, startled her into a state of partial consciousness.

"UGHHHHH," She ran her hands through her hair, heavily annoyed until she remembered that it was the first day of her fifth year. She was still annoyed though - she was in the middle of a dream that involved Sebastian Stan rescuing her from pirates. For some reason, the dream also involved a horde of aggressively twerking pineapples but she ignored that.

"Damn you Jesussss," Y/N literally rolled out of bed and dragged herself over to the bathroom. After a surprisingly relaxing shower, she began to comb out her hair and put on her normal clothes for the train ride: A crop top tee and high waisted jeans with sneakers.

"Nice and comfy, just like I deserve after that rude awakening," She huffed, "God, you owe me about 5 good hair days just for that."

Her trunk had been packed for days now in anticipation of the trip. As she lugged it downstairs, she looked at her phone one last time. Hogwarts had a no-technology policy, which she didn't understand at all. What did they think she was gonna do, cheat on tests with it? Google was for muggles and didn't exactly have the answers to Snape's random and petty pop quizzes on obscure potions.

She entered the kitchen to find a piece of toast whizzing directly towards her face. She dropped to the ground just in time, almost landing on her gray tabby cat, Alfie.

"Oh my Satan Alfie, I'm so sorry baby," Y/N showered him in kisses as he purred, until he put a paw on her face and tried to push away.

"Really Dad? I appreciate the effort but you know you've never been good with culinary magic." She grinned and walked over to hug her Dad, who had a sheepish look on his face.

"I just wanted to try and do a home-cooked meal for your last day here, but I woke up too late so I tried to take a shortcut. It didn't exactly work out, to say the least. That was always your mom's expertise."

"It's okay Dad, you did a great job." She sat down at the table and bit into an extremely crunchy piece of bacon that promptly shattered upon contact with her teeth. She grimaces and threw a pained grin at him. "See? Fantastic."

She glance over at the kitchen clock, stood up, and shouted "FUCK," before grabbing her luggage and sprinting out the door with a quick goodbye to her dad.

*Time skip to the train*

She had just barely made it on time, and was now sitting in an empty compartment, her breathing slowing back to a normal pace.

"Damn, I wish I'd done a hair spell or something today," Y/N took out a brush and calmed her windswept hair. She stroked the comb through her soft hair and gazed out the clear window. The train traveled at record speeds, and yet she could still make out each individual tree they passed. It was her favorite time of day; the afternoon. The sun was just beginning its descent and it cast a golden glow over everything, highlighting the edges of the rolling fields and glinting off the clear water from the rushing rivers. As she was daydreaming, the door slid open and she had a sense of deja vu from her first year. In the doorway stood Harry. The summer had done good things for him, his muscles more defined and his jawline sharper.

*Harry's POV*

Who was this? I had walked into the compartment hoping to find a familiar face, but she must've been new. The light from the dying sun was cast over her like molten gold, the sunbeams accentuating her naturally beautiful features. She had been brushing her lush hair and she reminded me of the sirens in the myths, luring men closer only to break their hearts. Well, not so much break their hearts as rip off their flesh but you get the idea.

She was beautiful, and I couldn't speak. She turned towards me, and smiled, saying in a melodic voice, "Harry is that you?"

I was shocked - how did she know me? But then I looked closer at her face, and it dawned on me.

"...Y/N?" She laughed, the noise like music to my ears. "Of course silly," She replied, "Come sit down! I feel like we've barely talked since first year." It was true. Although we were in the same house, I had been so distracted that we had rarely talked.

"Yeah, sorry about that. You know how it is with defeating the Dark Lord and everything." She cocked an eyebrow, "I don't actually, but I can imagine."

I gazed at her dreamily, drinking in her features. They were the same, but somehow enhanced. She seemed more confident now too, more at home in her own skin. That was the biggest change more than anything.

Someone knocked on the door, and I opened it to find Ron, who promptly smacked me on the head, saying, "Where have you been, ya bloody git, I've been looking for you every-" His voice cut off as he noticed Y/N sitting next to me. He elbowed me in the ribs, hissing, "Who is this? Introduce me. Does my breath smell okay?"

Y/N chuckled, and motioned for Ron to sit down. "It's me, Ron. Y/N."

Ron raised his eyebrows in surprise. "No fuckin way, man. I remember Y/N. You're...Aphrodite."

She lightly hit his shoulder and laughed. "It's me, believe it or not." Her laugh sounds like wind chimes.

The door opened one final time and Hermione walked in, going up to Y/N and saying, "Oh hi Y/N, how've you been?" "Pretty good, thanks," She replied. Ron and I looked at Hermione, dumbfounded.

"You're not even shocked at how she's changed?" Ron asked Hermione in disbelief. Hermione appraised Y/N, shaking her head.

"She hasn't changed much, although she's more self-assured now." She paused for a second, adding as an afterthought "And her boobs are bigger of course."

*Y/N's POV*

Hermione and I started up a conversation about the new teacher that was supposedly teaching DADA this year. We were both good students, and had more in common than most people realized.

"Sorry about those boys putting up such a fuss, they have no social skills," Hermione confided in me in a hushed tone.

"There's hardly anything different." You shrugged your shoulders. "I guess thats just how guys are."

She tilted her head, "Welll, I wouldn't say there's nothing different. You're probably just blind to it. Just wait until all the other guys see you now, they'll regret ignoring you." She bumped your shoulder conspiratorially and the two of you giggled.