Part 2 - Chapter 2

(Art obviously isn't mine lmaooo imagine having talent ??)

"What the fuck do you think you're playing at."

I turned around from my place in the archway to see Riddle staring at me with his arms crossed, an icy expression on his face.

"What do you mean?" I frowned, "I'm not breaking any laws or anything, if that's what you're asking."

"You're out past curfew. I'll let it slide this once cause you're new here, but don't expect any more leniency."

I rolled my eyes. Getting along with this prick, let alone befriending him, was gonna be a lot harder than I expected. "Fine, take your wand out of your ass, I'll go."

I stood up and turned to leave but saw him walk closer to me until there were only a couple feet separating us.

"You might not know this, transfer," he hissed, "But I'm a Head Boy. Which means you will respect me or I'll put you in detention until you graduate."

I raised my hands in a placating gesture, "Damn, okay. Sounds like you might need some head, boy." I muttered the last part under my breath and he seemed not to hear it.

"You might think you're special or something because you've somehow managed to charm everyone in our house after only one night of being here, but just know I'm not as stupid as the rest of these nitwits." His eyes narrowed. "And don't think I didn't notice you staring at me during the feast."

"I wasn't staring at you." I protested but he brushed my comment aside.

"You seem to have caused quite a stir," He cocked his head to the side, trying to read my face like it was a piece of text he could study. "I don't see anything so special about you."

"Rude."

"It's the truth. People get angry when they hear honesty because they'd rather be placated with false words and sugary lies than face reality." He stated like it was fact.

I crossed my arms to mirror him. "That's a pretty cynical outlook on things. If that's really how you feel, I can see why you seem so pissed off all the time."

"I've experienced life's unfeeling touch and if everyone else wants to delude themselves with fairy tales then that's their loss, but I won't do the same."

I stayed silent for a moment and felt a flash of pity for the broken boy in front of me.

"I'm sorry." I said softly, not sure how to reply.

"Just stay out of my way. The last thing I need is another insufferable fangirl nipping at my heels." Riddle turned on his heel to continue patrolling the halls, his cloak fluttering after him.

"What a bitch." The pity I felt instantly vanished and I gritted my teeth, suppressing the urge to punch a wall.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I was worn out after my encounter with Riddle and fell asleep as soon as I got back to the common room. Today was the first real day of classes and I was too focused on my mission to even be worried.

Lucretia, Eileen and I were walking to our first class together.

"You nervous for your first day, Y/n?" Eileen asked in her monotone voice. I shrugged, "Nah, I've done this bullshit like five times already."

They looked at me weirdly and I hastily corrected my mistake, "I mean yeah, a little."

We had Charms first and I noticed as soon as we walked into the classroom that the desks were arranged in clusters of two, meaning that one of us would have to sit alone.