16 - oh he's a snake

Ok first of all, I'm really sorry about not updating recently I've been dealing with class changes and shit. And even better, I now have to wake up at 4:30 am for morning swim practice !!!!

But actually thanks so much for 11k reads I literally didn't think anyone was going to read this but I'm so glad you dumbasses did <3

---------------

I woke up and threw my dirty blonde hair into a messy bun. I pulled on a crop top and bell bottom jeans because I'm not like other girls. I walked into the bathroom and put on light makeup because I'm better than all these other fake bitches.

My alcoholic mother walked into my room and threw a vase at me.

"Pack your bags, I sold you so I could buy more vodka."

I went downstairs to find none other than ONE DIRECTION.

Just kidding.

*Y/N's POV*

I'd woken up almost smothering Cedric, the poor boy. We'd had to leave the room or requirement one at a time so we wouldn't get busted. Even though we didn't sleep together, teachers and students alike always jump to conclusions and we wanted to avoid rumors.

I groaned as I prepared myself to enter the potions dungeon. It was going to be the first class I'd have with Jack since the trip. I planned on not doing him the courtesy of even acknowledging his existence.

But as we all know, plans don't always turn out the way we want them to.

"Y/N!" Slughorn boomed from behind me after I entered the dungeon.

I sighed and plastered a smile on my face before turning around.

"Hi Professor."

"As two of my best students, I'd like you and Ahelios to begin tutoring some of the struggling first years. It would look great for when you graduate and look for jobs!"

I cringed as he added, "And I know the two of you are good friends, so it should be no problem. Right?"

I nodded politely and smiled, even though I was screaming on the inside.

He patted me on the shoulder and went up to begin drawing out the lesson plan.

I looked over at the table and saw that Kenna and Jack weren't there yet. How was it that I was stuck in a group with a chick that almost killed me and a potential rapist?

I must have some really bad luck.

I steeled myself for the upcoming encounters and sat down at the table, setting out my books and pens to get ready.

Harry and Draco came up to the table with grim looks on their faces.

"What'd Slughorn want?" Harry asked.

"He says that he wants me to start doing tutoring for first years," I replied sadly.

"Oh, that's not so bad."

"He wants me to do it with Jack." I said gingerly, bracing myself for their reactions.

"WHAT?" Harry yelled. Everyone looked at him and he coughed. "I mean...what?"

I looked over at Draco and was unsettled to find a small and poisonous looking smile on his face.

"He can't work if with you if he's not around..."

"No Draco."

"I'm just saying! I could arrange it. I have connections."

"What am I gonna do guys?" I dropped my head down onto the table and groaned.

"Ok, you know what, just..." Harry clenched his jaw and spoke softly, "Ignore him. He's not worth your time or your attention. You obviously made it clear last time that you're not interested, so maybe he'll leave you alone?"

"And if he tries ANYTHING, we will actually murder him. But don't worry, I know where to bury a body." Draco said casually.

I could tell that he was trying to stay calm, but his anger showed through how his mouth tightened and his fists clenched unconsciously.

"It'll be fine." I said positively.

I wasn't sure if I was trying to reassure them or myself.

-/-/-/-/-/-

A couple minutes after Draco and Harry went back to their seats, Jack entered the room and I could see the boys visibly sit up straighter and glare at him.

His bruise was fading, but he still had a split lip and a black eye.

I almost felt guilty for a second, but then remembered the shit he'd said and pushed it down.

I stared straight ahead at the board, not acknowledging when he sat down next to me.

"Hey Y/N." He said cautiously. Did he seriously expect me to act warmly towards him? Like yeah Jack, I really liked when you tried to force me to have sex with you, how you been?

"You don't have to respond," He said, and sighed heavily, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry for what I did and that it was wrong of me."

*Jack's POV*

I checked to make sure she wasn't looking at me and glanced down at the paper I'd written my lines down on. I planned everything carefully and I'd be so annoyed if I messed it up now.

"I just...I was going through a lot of stuff and I think I was unstable and really needed to be with someone at that moment."

I made my voice crack to sound more pitiful and saw that her eyes flicked over at me. Progress.

The whole 'nice guy' act had worked on her last time, so why wouldn't it again? I was so close to getting into her pants, and then she had to ruin it all by being such a fucking prude.

I think my mistake last time was that I rushed it too much. I needed to go slowly this time if I wanted her to be mine for good.

After I gain her trust back, I'll have to separate her from that group of guys she's always hanging around with.

I scowled and touched my lip, wincing at the cut.

I knew I could get her to come back to me. I just have to play my cards right.

*Y/N's POV*

As Jack continued apologizing, I could feel myself cracking.

I thought back to when I'd first met him, and how sweet and charismatic he'd been. Maybe his behavior on the trip was just a fluke and he really was going through some emotional issues.

He ended his explanation and looked over at me pleadingly.

"Do you think you'd be able to...could you maybe think about forgiving me?" He said sadly, and brushed away what looked like a tear.

*Jack's POV*

I thought the addition of the water droplet as a fake tear was a nice touch.

*Y/N's POV*

I broke my silence and exhaled slowly.

"What you did was pretty unforgivable, Jack. You told me I was asking for it." I said angrily.

"I know, I know," He brushed his hair back and for a second I thought I saw a glimpse of frustration, but his face immediately shifted back to the same sad puppy-eyes expression. "It was wrong of me and I take full responsibility for it."

"Well, I don't know if he told you but we're going to have to learn to tolerate each other at least, because Slughorn is having us tutor first years together." I said coldly. "But don't think this means we're even close to being friends again."

He nodded quickly, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of a self-satisfied smirk. It must've just been a trick of the light.

*Jack's POV*

I really couldn't have planned this better if I'd tried. I bet she'll be jumping into my arms within a month.