Chapter Seven - The Attempt Break In

All Rights Reserved

The sound of abrupt movements pulled me from my sleep, and my brown eyes fluttered open to look around the dark room. My eyes blinked at the darkness, slowly trying to focus on the movement.

I noticed a white-clothed figure stalking around the room with the gentle furiousness of a panther. I lay still as I watched Axel walk into the closet and pulled out two black cases. I almost shivered at the idea of what could be inside.

Maybe it was a trumpet.

I wished it was a trumpet.

I knew it wasn't a trumpet.

Axel walked around the room with expertise and muted steps as to not make any sound. Normally, I would go into a whole other realm when sleeping and not even an earthquake would wake me up, but because recent events I've found that sleeping lightly may perhaps save my life.

Or allow me to watch my husband prowl around the room.

His front shirt was unbuttoned as he knelt down to the cases and unlocked them. He opened it and pulled out a sleek silver gun, which he pressed to his lips before putting it to the side.

Should I be worried?

Or jealous?

Watching him hold a gun seemed almost normal now, and I hated that it was. Suddenly, Axel was standing up and walking toward the table beside the window. There was a small screen that was connected to the video camera outside, and I watched as he bent down to take a closer look.

He abruptly stood up and looked back over at me. I don't know if he knew I was awake or not but I immediately tensed and closed my eyes shut.

"Blaire, I know you're awake," Axel said, moving from his spot beside the window. I slowly sat up and watched as he made his way toward the closet in a hurried pace. He came out with a black hoodie and my pair of flats,

"W-What's going on?" My voice groggy and deep.

Ugh, why must I sound like a man when waking up?

Though, sometimes I have no complaints cause sometimes I sound like John Legend. Everybody else in my family disagrees but I know they're just haters.

Axel pulled the covers off me, and my body immediately erupted in goosebumps. I was only sleeping in a small red tank top and black leggings. Axel pulled his large black hoodie over my body, and I was immediately engulfed in his expensive smell.

"Axel?" I asked again, hoping to receive an answer this time.

"I don't want to scare you, but there are people outside of our house and they don't happen to be visiting neighbors."

"Are we going to die?" I asked, my fear spiking up at a high level and my shoulders began to shake.

"Darling, please. You're insulting my skills," Axel said, kissing my forehead before pulling me off the bed. "I've thought of every possible plan they might have thought of. We'll be fine."

Well, then. Guess I shouldn't worry, huh?

My flats were already peeling off from the earlier walk. Hmph, I definitely won't be shopping at Forever 21 again.

That's a lie.

My cheap tush gravitates to anything that's under twenty bucks.

Axel released me and had already strapped in his guns to his sides, and pulled a jacket over his strong shoulders. He closed the cases hurriedly before grabbing a backpack and hauling it over his shoulder. I put on my flats and watched him close the doors of the closet.