Chapter 3: My life and two dorks

will be edited soon for: grammar, consistency of the story, respresenting MC character better
****

I could have known; I should have known.

I always knew my aunt and uncle were different. Not only did they have mad fighting skills, they reacted differently to a lot of things. One day there was something missing from our shed, I think it was a shovel. As I hadn't taken it, my uncle went into protective mode real fast. He suspected someone had stolen it and guarded the garden for a while. It was strange to see him that way, as if death itself would visit us. That's how 'extreme' his protection was. I was pretty sure he would have shot the thief if there had been a real thief. But there wasn't. Our neighbours had taken the shovel to work on their garden. Apparently, they thought that in our close-knit neighbourhood you could just take things without asking. Well, you could, but from a house with two assassins? Not that good of an idea.

They also reacted differently death. Not that I saw them dealing with death on a daily basis, because that was actually what I expected they did. According to them they worked in the hospital after all. I knew they wouldn't completely freak out at the sight of blood, but I didn't think they would react the way they did when I got to see it first-hand.

One time there was a car crash a few Streets away. I was panicking till the point that I couldn't even breathe anymore. It remembered me of my parent's death too much. So, I was crying and screaming scaring all the people around me, it seemed like they were scared of my outburst. But Sarah, my aunt, knew exactly how to calm me. Her unusual calmness made me feel a bit better, scared still, but better.

They, even though my uncle didn't trust them, called the police and ambulance and helped some people at the same time. They were calm and serious and determined to help. My uncle helped the people who weren't really hurt out of the car. He stayed with those who were fully covered in blood and badly hurt. He gave them first aid, tried to save them. I thought they knew how to handle situations like this because they worked in a hospital. But there was something strange, even though they would have dealt with these kinds of situation as doctors, it didn't explain how fearless they were. How their eyes were completely void of emotions. That fear wasn't one of their emotions during all of this didn't surprise me as much as the lack of compassion they seemed to show. They were just helping people with blood all over as if it was nothing. As if it did nothing to them.

I was quite a bright kid. I knew they could be lying about their profession. I wondered if they were with the police, maybe special forces. But my uncle had always talked about the police failing at protecting people who really needed it. They clearly weren't cops. I hoped they weren't a part of the FBI or another dangerous job.

How ironic.

FBI or special forces were not even close to the danger they faced in their 'jobs'. They were trained assassins. A profession I didn't even know really existed. I thought that the assassins in movies didn't exist in real life and that it was some subsection of the FBI or other highly secretive job. I learned it wasn't like that soon enough. It was completely different.

First of all. As assassin you have a lot of dangerous enemies. All kinds of enemies, ranging from those looking for revenge because you killed someone, they needed for their business to those who lost their loved ones because of what you did. I believed that they only killed the bad guys, that's how I came to accept it when they told me. I pictured their targets as the most evil, dangerous people on earth. Murderers, rapists, cartels, gang leaders, serial killers, human traffickers. It made it a bit 'better' to see it as doing the world 'a favour' by removing the evil people.

Second. Their boss is an evil and heartless man, if you can even call that monster a man. His pseudonym being Mr Black. His agency truly is like a business, he got people working for him, he decided who to send to particularly missions, how many, at what time. He did the planning and they did the dirty work. As it's such a dangerous job he didn't really pay that much attention on the loss of his 'servants'. If one dies, finding replacement is his biggest concern. When he starts with 100 agents, and one dies, he would have the number to 100 in a matter of days as he has backup agents. Even when a whole team dies, he can create a new team as if he's playing the fucking sims.