Chapter 8: I can take my weapon anytime I want!

will be edited soon for: grammar, consistency of the story, respresenting MC character better

***

When I woke up, I felt the pressure of an arm on my stomach. Tom was still sleeping as I could hear his soft snores. I was just about to softly push the arm away and stand up when I heard the door.

Someone was coming in and I knew who that someone was: Drew. Of course. I watched him walk to the couch. When he saw me and Tom laying on the bed like that his face turned into a frown. Maybe it looked a bit strange that I was lying next to a boy. But he doesn't know a thing about what's going on. Besides, this is Tom. Also, I certainly didn't want to tell him. Tom wasn't proud of it and he trusted me.

I followed Drew to the kitchen and grabbed the stuff I needed for breakfast. Ignoring the fact that Drew was staring at me. Finally, when I almost had finished my breakfast he spoke up.

"Are you and Tom ...eh... a thing?"

I didn't show him an angry look, I didn't blush, I didn't looked surprised. Instead I just stared at him and made him uncomfortable.

"No" was the only thing I said after my stare session. Drew shook his head as if he was expecting my response and ate his breakfast.

"Everything we need is in the car so hurry up and meet me at the car." I said, the first thing I said after my firm 'no'.

Drew just stared at me and I walked away. Did he have some sort of eye disease? He didn't take his eyes off me. Creep. Before I left the kitchen, I turned around, stared back and winked. He looked surprised I did that. But hey, I'm full of surprises. Ask my targets, who can't speak anymore.

***

"Chloe. Are you still angry?" The fact he asked that with an amused smile on his face made me angry again.

"No. I'm just pissed."

"As always. Anyways, this town it is- This town is really in the middle of nowhere. Why would you want to live there?" he said looking at the almost empty road ahead of us.

"Some people enjoy the silence." Sometimes I do too.

"I don't. I want action. Silence is boring."

"And that's why you're an agent. It won't surprise me if you volunteered for this. Didn't you?" It sounded more like a sneer; I wasn't being reasonable though.

"Well it may sound foreign to you but I'm not here because I want it. Just like you." He glanced at me, probably eyeing my reaction.

"Who says I don't want to be an assassin?" that even sounded ridiculous to me, even when I said it myself. The way I ended up here was no happy story, far from it. The scars from my first day, they never left.

"I do. Why are you here in the first place?"

"Why would I tell you? You aren't going to tell me, right? Why would I tell you?" I didn't like this prying, especially about something I couldn't have any control of. Yes, I hated it. No, I couldn't leave.

"Maybe I will tell you..." Drew sounded serious. I decided to switch the mood around.

"I'm just a stupid girl. Girls don't belong in the agency, right? But Mr black wanted a girl. So here I am. End of story. Now it's your turn"

"You're right" Drew smirked. That boy smirked a lot. But he still told me what I wanted to hear.

"I went to foster home to foster home to foster home. I was too much trouble so; they just send me away when they didn't want me anymore. When I was 16 Mr Black adopted me and now, I'm here. End of story"