Chapter 6: I could survive a..guy right?

will be edited soon for: grammar, consistency of the story, respresenting MC character better

A/n: needs heavy editing againnnn, I apologize beforehand I tried to keep as much of the romance parts in the edited version as I could but sometimes I'm struggling KSJDJDJ. Too 🏳️‍🌈 for this lol but I managed 😺

***

I was breathless. Not that I had run a marathon breathless. More a wow-didn't -expect-that kind of breathless. What could I do otherwise? I hadn't seen someone like him for a long while, not in the clubs and not in this building for damn sure. He's extremely hot, is what I'm saying. He had dark brown-blackish hair, great facial features and fucking blue eyes. Okay, what is this? Am I being pranked? I didn't really care, at least I got something to look at now. Not that I thought Tom and David are awful to look at, it's just that they're too deep in the brother zone for me to look at them in that way.

"Drew Matthews. 20 years been here for 4 years now." He said. What is he even doing here?

I didn't really react. Tom looked at me with a smirk, so I jabbed him in the ribs. Seriously, he's Always trying to set me up with someone. Even with himself in the early days. David gave the guy a fist bump and a 'man hug', that is what you call it, I think? I didn't really think much of it, David isn't that much of a social guy, but maybe he had already seen this guy before, he has been an agent longer than me. Tom on the other hand, is too social. He said his name, pulled Drew in a hug and nodded his head at Drew. Who is this guy...?

"Chloe? Hello? Are you dead? You can't die this way; it has to be at least on a cool way" Tom said.

Only after that whole sentence I noticed Tom, David and the hot- I mean Drew, staring at me. What do they want?

"What!"

"You have a name right? Forgot it?" Drew laughed.

Oh, he so knew I was a tiny bit in shock of his appearance.

"I'm Chloe Rivas " I snapped and whispered "jerk".

He laughed and walked to the table. Well, I guess we're done 'getting to know' the new guy. I bet we can really trust him now. I have trust issues, as you can probably already tell. I pushed Tom away who was still trying to annoy me and out of curiosity, walked to the table too.

"So, this are the files-" Drew started but I stopped him.

"Hey, you already know about this mission. And where is your partner. And who are you anyway" I blurted out.

I usually don't ask a lot of questions. I'm used to never asking questions, I don't want to end up like Martyn or Martin Forster. I had to do my job and accept how things went and worked around here. I didn't have to know more. Knowledge is a dangerous power. But this guy joined the team, my team. It's only fair if I get some answers.

"Easy girl. But if you really want to know. Black informed me a few days ago and asked me to study the files. I'm Drew Matthews, like I already said" He said, while reading a file, not even bother to look at me when he spoke.

"And your partner?" This time he didn't answer so quickly. I nudged him in the side, this time he did look at me. Well, he threw an angry glare at me.

"Dead" He said loud and clear. He was trying to keep a blank face, but I saw sadness in his eyes. He lost his partner. It's confirmed. Not only am a social disaster, turns out I'm also heartless.

In this world your partner is your everything. You live with your partner. Go to missions, have their back, protect them. You got to be there for each other. Your partner is supposed to be the only person you can really trust. Because you know he or she will always protect you, even give his life for you.