5| I Like Dogs...

Connor's perspective

The RK800 was standing to the side of Hank Anderson's desk, (Y/N)'s desk right next to his.

"I get the impression my presence causes you some inconvenience, Lieutenant. I'd like you to know I'm very sorry about that."

He didn't respond, he just sat with his arms crossed. At this moment Detective (L/N) was walking past, coffee in hand. She backed up to look at the old man.

"He's sulking at the moment" She told him, making sure they weren't in earshot of the Lieutenant "give him a minute or he'll never get anything done, at times like this he's a stubborn toddler."

Her shoes squeaked every few shuffles as she made her way to her desk.

"Now that we're partners, it would be great to get to know each other better." Connor made an attempt at talking to Hank, but he wasn't budging.

"Is there a desk anywhere I could use?"

"No-one's using that one." He pointed at the empty desk.

The android made his way around the unit, taking a seat in the office chair. He turned his head to see (Y/N) partially leaning against her desk, talking to Gavin with a smile on her face. Reed gave her a small wave as a goodbye before heading to the break room.

"I'm surprised to see you working well beside Detective Reed after the situation during the interrogation Miss (L/N)."

"He's just an ass after he's smoked, he reeked of tobacco back there & whenever he gets stressed or pissed, he smokes. Nasty habit, but overall when he's just himself he's a decent guy."

"Yeah cause he's hitting on you." Hank mumbled.

"Eat a dick Anderson." She stated, rolling her eyes. (Y/N) walked over to their desk & leaned against that so she could hear her partners better.

"You have a dog, right?" Connor asked the Lieutenant.

"How do you know that?"

"The dog hairs on your chair.
I like dogs, what's your dog's name?"

"What's it to you?" He snarled.

(Y/N) sighed, taking in another sip of coffee.

"Sumo." He answered.
"I call him Sumo."

The RK800 watched (Y/N) smile at this.

"You also own a dog, am I correct?"

"Yep, German Shepherd. Big softie. He'd probably like you."

"I noticed in the photo on your desk he's wearing a collar with a tag. It has the name Blue on it, why did you choose such a unique name?"

"He was bred from a line of K-9 units, I found him at a local pound & adopted him. They must've not wanted a puppy distracting the dogs from their job. Whenever he saw a police car or heard a siren, he'd get really bouncy & excited as a pup - I still hadn't given him a name, so I usually called him grasshopper or pups' as a nickname - so I felt as though Blue was a decent name since the police siren lights are red & blue. Means he also shares a name with an old dog in a movie back home. I take him to work sometimes, maybe you could meet him."

"I'd enjoy that."

He turned his attention back to the Lieutenant.

"Do you listen to Knights Of The Black Death? I really like that music. It's, full of energy."

"You listen to Heavy Metal?" Hank asked in a questioning tone.

"Well, I don't really listen to music, as such, but I'd like to."