24| This Isn't Over

(Long ass chapter ahead, get ready guys)

Reader's Perspective

The sound of large aircrafts sped through the air, causing (Y/N)'s ears to ring as she towed behind Connor, who was pulling her along in a rushed matter. Her brain was clouded with the thought that she might not get out of the situation alive. She had a gut feeling - that prick Perkins had something to do with it.

What would've happened if she'd never found Andrew? She wouldn't have met Markus, North, anyone at Jericho, hell, she wouldn't even know about Jericho. Maybe she wouldn't have wanted to be part of the revolution, to stop what was happening right now as Connor looked back at her every few seconds with hesitation & worry in his brown hues, as if he was scared he'd lost her.

They came to an intersection, meeting with North.

"They're coming from all sides!" She said, breathlessly "Our people are trapped in the hold, they're gonna be slaughtered!"

(Y/N) watched Markus place two fingers on the side of his temple, closing his eyes.

"Where's Josh?" (Y/N) asked hastily.

"I don't know, we got separated."

"We have to blow up Jericho." Markus approached North. "If the ship goes down, they'll evacuate & our people can escape!"

"You'll never make it!" North's voice cracked. "The explosives are all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!"

"She's right." Connor added. "They know who you are. They'll do anything to get you."

"Go & help the others. I'll join you later."

"Markus.." North pleaded.

"I won't be long." Markus ran off in the other direction, leaving the three of them.

"Come on!" Connor grasped (Y/N)'s hand protectively, heading towards the other door, North following.

They ran as fast as their feet could carry them, the same thought of 'keep going or they'll kill you' was the only thing keeping (Y/N) from collapsing onto her knees. Hundreds, thousands of androids ran past them, desperate to get away. Gun-shots ran through every corner of the boat, (Y/N) fighting off the urge to shut her eyes whenever someone was gunned down nearby. She was hoping and praying that Markus was near the hold, that he was ready to let the ship sink. Agents were storming every inch of the ship, Connor dragging her behind a corner to avoid some of them as they patrolled around. She'd never been this scared of her own blood as they open fired at another group of helpless deviants. She'd never felt more disgusted to call these people her kind.

She'd never been more ashamed to be human.

Connor placed a hand on her cheek, turning her head so she faced him.

"We have to keep going." He urged, seeing the terror in her (E/C) eyes. She nodded, swallowing her dread as they kept on running.

"Josh, you're alright!" She yelled as Josh emerged from around the corner.

"Not dead yet." He shrugged, keeping up as they sprinted down another hallway, dead-bolting for the next door.

They stopped as Markus met up with them.

"Markus." North's voice rang.

"Bomb's gonna explode any second. We gotta get out of here!" They all nodded, running in single file down the next section of mix-matched halls and ramps, vaulting over crates and fallen objects, along with a giant hole in the floor. North was gunned down, collapsing as they all stopped. Without hesitation (Y/N) grabbed the scrap metal on the ground with her newly found confidence and ran to where North had fallen, using the scrap to block off the bullets as she threw it at the soldiers.